-
Status
Not open for further replies.

franco

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i have a 1970 duster not equipt with a/c ,but would like to have a/c in it .i need the dash,the vents switches comp etc.any help is great,thanks dan

Are you wanting to go factory? I think most folks prefer to go with the newer compressor and opt for something like Vintage Air or other company like that. AFAIK, there were no special vents; it all worked off the large box slung under the dash.
C

Either aftermarket or atleast later model stuff will be your best plan. The 70 model push button controller and that case with all its vacuum servos were problematic. The early vents were chrome plated potmetal too. Most of those look like crap today. Later vents are all plastic. Good luck

i want the most efficiant way out.are you refering to a self inclosed unit i can put under the dash?that sounds like the way to go.it doesnt have to be factory i just thought it would be better.like redfish says ,if factory stuff was problematic then the heck with that!do you know of any other manufactures of these under the dash units?thanks guys

i want the most efficiant way out.are you refering to a self inclosed unit i can put under the dash?that sounds like the way to go.it doesnt have to be factory i just thought it would be better.like redfish says ,if factory stuff was problematic then the heck with that!do you know of any other manufactures of these under the dash units?thanks guys
If you want efficient you definately don't want the RV2 compressor. Use a smaller rocriporcating compresser and R134A refridgerant.
I have most of an aftermarket unit to hang under the ash tray. This is / was a dealer installed a/c.. The unit looks a lot like the factory vent assembly but it has controls on it and it's own variable speed fan in it. These make a little more noise than the factroy fan. They can vibrate and rattle the dash too eventually. I'm not saying this unit is that far gone yet, just stating the differences.
I have the condenser too. You would still need a compressor and you would need custom fabbed hoses.

im looking at several options.is what you have from a duster,and all that is lacking is a compressor?if you decide to sell it shoot me a number and where your located.thanks.

Don't know if you would be interested but I have a factory a/c box from a duster.

ill keep it in mind depending on which way i go with this.how much for it ?is it an ynder dash unit?thanks,dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back