Wanted! Direct Connection Rear Spoiler!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Nothing wrong with these spoilers that a quart of Bondo can't cure! :jocolor:

Paul

Originally Posted by 1972DusterPaul
There is a guy on Ebay that sells repros of them...without the little exterior mounting holes.

They are rough...but usable...don't expect a bolt on and go part.

.......................I bought one of those about a year ago, total junk! I still have my eye out for a DC one but have yet to find one i can afford.:mumum:

The DC spoilers are a nice fit. I had many of them I got on cars. The only problem is when they sat out in the sun over years they warp or get brittle.

I have a MAS racing set for sale which is a 80's repro with the indents for fastening to the deck. It is fiberglass so it will last a long time. I sat it on car and it fit pretty good .

What I like about it is . That if you know fiberglass you can repair it or alter it in any way. It can be made to fit the trunk perfect if your a perfectionist . And a long High speed ride won't blow it off the trunk as I have seen happen to the DC. without two faced tape as a backup.

After reading some info and seeing pics of these spoilers I am considering keeping mine until my other Duster and Demon are done . I like the pic of the sublime car with it body color. The fiberglass units you can fill in those indents if you want and add permanent studs. I believe on the newer repros these indents are not there and they are real thin fiberglass .

I may fasten the one I have to a deck lid the proper way with nuts on the under side and the deck lid drilled like the hoods for the scoop's. Once its fitted on a lid nice with a little work. It will probably sell for more. Who knows I may become attached and keep it . Its not like they are popping out of the wood work everyday. And I already have both style wings.

I didn't like the DC one on this car with it painted black. And it needed a lot of work it was warped upward between all the bolts as can be seen clearly between the center two indents from the back. How could you fix that? "You can't" And most of the indents were cracked out.

That is why I left it on this car when I sold it. With the plastic front spoiler that a stone could break off . I kept the MAS racing so that must say something about the strength and usability of the MAS compared to the DC. I had them both at the same time. But I never did mount the MAS I have now. I just held it on a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back