-
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanandjakea

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to replace my FL LCA and or Strut Rod that fell victim to a recent icy day. PM if you have anything that may help my poor 1973 Gold Duster.

Thanks!

I think I have an extra strut rod but no LCA's to spare. If your interested in the strut rod I can look tomorrow to make sure. Just let me know.

I would definitely be interest in the strut rod. Shoot me a PM with the info when you get a minute. Thanks!

I have a pair of strut rods and lower control arms. All are in great shape and have been cleaned and painted. Both pairs came from a 64 Dart but will work on your 73 Duster.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• DSCN1998.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1959.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 156
73 up strut rods are different than earlier. make sure you get 73 and up also i have a pr.of LCA's with Stabilizer bar brackets for a 73 with the stabilizer bar included. I have the comlete suspension out of a 73 340 4spd Duster. including T-bars. but I really don't want to sell just one side. Steve

With out the stabilizer brackets the LCA's are all the same through out the years. But the strut rods are different.

Hey Oldmanmopar how've you been? I've got a quick question: besides the coarse vs. fine threads on the front part of the strut rods, what's the difference? Same diameter and same length aren't they?

Ken

No they are shorter lengths between the flats for the three piece bushings on 73 up. the older fine thread are longer and can be used if you have the washers and use the one piece bushing. The older washers are coned and face each other. the newer washers are cupped and face opposite . The coarse thread with the three piece bushings allow for more suspension travel without bind. If you were to see both setups side by side without the stabilizer attached. there is a big difference. I have pics on a post somewhere showing the difference. The newer setup would be a plus on your drag car. I thought I mentioned that when I was there and you were parting that black swinger. 73 up is a much better set up. for various reasons not only the struts. Steve.

Hey Oldmanmopar how've you been? I've got a quick question: besides the coarse vs. fine threads on the front part of the strut rods, what's the difference? Same diameter and same length aren't they?

Ken

Thank for the info Steve. I appreciate that.

Knowing that, I guess the lower control arms are the only thing that I can offer.

Ken

I have a strut rod off a 73 duster, complete with washers, bushings etc.
Cheap, pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back