wanted to get tubular uca and front disc brake conversion

-

1971demonH

Reaction score
i have a 71 demon 340 with 4 wheel manual drum brakes. i was thinking pirate jack disc wheel kit on eBay due to its low cost. Im also having a hard time finding small bolt brakes that fit 14" wheels which this kit claims it does. will these bolt up to the Qa1 uca? should i try for a different combination?

The pirate jack kit is just a 73+ Mopar disk set up that has been drilled for 5x4". It will work with the QA1 UCA's, but the odds of your 14" drum wheels fitting over the center register on those rotors is slim and next to none.

IMO if you are upgrading to disc brakes it's at least time to upgrade to 15" wheels.

What size brake drums are are you currently running? I believe their kit will work with cars that have 10" drum brake wheels but not 9"s

Thanks
James

not sure if they're kit is like the wilwood but if you ream the 9" spindle the kit fits.

The pirate jack kit is just a 73+ Mopar disk set up that has been drilled for 5x4". It will work with the QA1 UCA's, but the odds of your 14" drum wheels fitting over the center register on those rotors is slim and next to none.
my 14" rims are cragar ss and have new tires which is why i don't want to change the wheel

You'll have to measure the center register on the wheels. The 73+ mopar rotors usually have a hub diameter around 72mm, the center register on most modern aftermarket wheels is 73mm, but you'd have to measure those Cragars to be sure.

The other thing you'll have to pay attention to is backspace. The 73+ disks increase the track width, most of the SBP Cragars I'm familiar with barely have enough backspace to begin with for a factory SBP brake set up, let alone with a 73+ track width.

I put a Scarebird front disk on my Duster, 5x4 bolt pattern and they cleared my 14" rallye wheels fine

-
Back