Wanted to smack the kid!

-

LS-300

Reaction score
I'm normally an easy going person. Today I went to Graeter's for ice cream. After ordering my ice cream a young male worker ask's me what a MOPAR is. I didn't think at the time that I had on my FABO shirt 5 Things. My first reaction was to stare at this young man. Then I wanted to reach out across the counter and smack him! But instead I asked if he was serious. I then ,as politely as I could, explained it's a name given to Chrysler products. The origin of which was when the had replacement parts called Motor Parts. Then it got shortened to MoPar.
I still think I should have smacked him first then explained.

................. After ordering my ice cream a young male worker ask's me what a MOPAR is. I didn't think at the time that I had on my FABO shirt 5 Things. My first reaction was to stare at this young man. Then I wanted to reach out across the counter and smack him! ............

OK look, if you really think what you posted, you are being a **** head. There are LOTS and LOTS of people who have no idea what MOPAR means, but the fact that he asked showed an interest. I bet you there are a fair amount of folks don't know what a Barracuda is/ was, or Plymouth Fury and on and on.

There are a HELL of a lot of this new stuff that I have to look up "in wonder" when I hear it in slang, as I have no idea what the youngsters are talking about

My sons name is Jerhemi Cuda..... but everyone just calls him Cuda. I can't remember how many people have asked if "Cuda" is a family name... Then I have to explain what a Hemi Cuda is.

The "slang" term MOPAR has been around since the 1930's. If you see anything automotive in nature you will hear the term. The term is still used at all Chrysler/Dodge dealerships. Chrysler sponsors a lot of functions as well. As for new slang terms, they spring up faster and go away faster that the latest Iphone. It would be difficult to keep current on anything with that short of a lifecycle.

Unfortunately the Cuda name was kind of short lived. Officially came out in 1969 and went away in 1974.

The "slang" term MOPAR has been around since the 1930's.

There are LOTS of things that have been "since the 20s 30's you name it. I'm not a BIT suprised some youngster doesn't know about that name. You need to rethink on this.

i think you need to g back there, strap that kid into the passenger seat and put a pair of mopar stripes in that parking lot so the kid can see what a mopar is

MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING ! That's what I tell them, after receiving a blank look. That's also the term used to grind rice.

Mostly Old People And Rednecks
I get asked what Mopar is all the time. No big deal. You need to chill. On the other hand, when someone asks me what year my Camaro is (actually a 69 Cuda fastback), then I want to slap them.

They gotta learn sometime. At least he asked. Most don't give a **** enough to do that.

The MoPar word and omega M are everywhere. The kid must be young and car blind. Many people don't see a car for anything but a device To move people around town in.

When I'm at a car show or car meet with my car and someone says "Nice Mustang or Camaro", I go into a schtick and ask them where they went to school? They answer and I reply, "Glad my kids didn't go there! I'm surprised you didn't learn how To read!" With a joking manor and a eye wink. I then show them how to identify a car by name plate.

It allways ends up good and often with a laugh by all. Gotta teach!

Mostly Old People And Rednecks
I get asked what Mopar is all the time. No big deal. You need to chill. On the other hand, when someone asks me what year my Camaro is (actually a 69 Cuda fastback), then I want to slap them.

I had a neighbor who called my 68 fastback a camaro, AFTER I told him what it was. Then he called it a 'cuda' THAT level of belligerent and defiant ignorance lit my fuse.

At least I'm not driving a Valiant with a cowl induction hood.
:poke:

I had a kid at sonic ask to see my HEMI.(my dd Is a 68 dart) I told him that I don't have a Hemi, I have a slant six.... he said " never heard of that, all those old mopars had Hemis, i know it " he said, seemingly offended that I don't have a Hemi.

2 hot high school girls walking home....
Nice Camaro! To my 70 Charger.
I just smiled and said thanks.
Every old car is a Camaro to them.... Lol

i think you need to g back there, strap that kid into the passenger seat and put a pair of mopar stripes in that parking lot so the kid can see what a mopar is
ding ding, go back there, offer to take him for a ride ^

I'm normally an easy going person. Today I went to Graeter's for ice cream. After ordering my ice cream a young male worker ask's me what a MOPAR is. I didn't think at the time that I had on my FABO shirt 5 Things. My first reaction was to stare at this young man. Then I wanted to reach out across the counter and smack him! But instead I asked if he was serious. I then ,as politely as I could, explained it's a name given to Chrysler products. The origin of which was when the had replacement parts called Motor Parts. Then it got shortened to MoPar.

LOL, i hear ya. im in my 30's, and it baffles me how much the current generation doesn't even know how to do basic mechanical things to there cars, i have cousins and people i work with that dont even know how to change their own oil or spark plugs. If seen more girls that know how to work on there cars then guys, dont get me wrong, thats awesome, but just baffles me. just shows how the times are changing. lol

Why would you give a young kid an evil stare or want to snack him. He honestly didn't know. That reaction is just stupid. Explain it to the kid give him some knowledge for god sakes.

Guys ***** all the time that kids aren't interested in these cars. With a reaction like that can ya blame them. Get over yourself man.

Why would you give a young kid an evil stare or want to snack him. He honestly didn't know. That reaction is just stupid. Explain it to the kid give him some knowledge for god sakes.

Guys ***** all the time that kids aren't interested in these cars. With a reaction like that can ya blame them. Get over yourself man.

But then they wouldn't have anything to ***** about... Yeah right, they'd still think of something. Lol

I had a kid at sonic ask to see my HEMI.(my dd Is a 68 dart) I told him that I don't have a Hemi, I have a slant six.... he said " never heard of that, all those old mopars had Hemis, i know it " he said, seemingly offended that I don't have a Hemi.

I wish they all did, I'll take one lol!

The biggest "problem" we face sometimes is that there are people out there that don't know what you know. And to you, it seems like stupidity but it's not, it's ignorance. Ignorance isn't necessarily a bad thing, it only means that you don't know. Don't confuse ignorance for stupidity. The young man was ignorant of what MOPAR meant. Stupidity would have been smacking him and getting arrested for battery.

-
Back