Warlock woes...

-
i don't know.. truck parts are going up in price rapidly these days. and once finished it will have a repaired title or whatever they issue in his state.. warlocks don't bring a ton of money to begin with now add a repaird title and the price really drops..

If it's the same in Georgia, if he does it right and gets it inspected, it will have a regular title again. But you're right. The market is soft right now. Now if it was a factory big block truck.......

pretty sure here in jersey it would get a repaired or salvaged title.. would never be legally clean again..

I can tell you to someone on the east coast that bed is $1500 and the doors will bring around $250, but repairing it, unless you have the parts is not worth it, the grill, and radiator support alone is worth a fortune.
Bird bath hoods are also not cheap.

pretty sure here in jersey it would get a repaired or salvaged title.. would never be legally clean again..
Same in PA. Best you get is a PA “Special” title that means it was either salvaged or built from parts. Never the same a standard title. But then again, at generally lower price ranges on vintage vehicles, no one really cares and it doesn’t impact price. It’s not like this is a numbers matching high demand vehicle anyway.

I can tell you to someone on the east coast that bed is $1500 and the doors will bring around $250, but repairing it, unless you have the parts is not worth it, the grill, and radiator support alone is worth a fortune.
I have 2...hoods.

I had a good radiator support but scrapped it when I could not give it away.

i don't know.. truck parts are going up in price rapidly these days. and once finished it will have a repaired title or whatever they issue in his state.. warlocks don't bring a ton of money to begin with now add a repaird title and the price really drops..
Even 70’s trucks? (Going up in price)

I thought the north east would emissions-kill driving an old truck around up there?

What is it-antique and it doesn’t matter? Or just whatever emissions were required for that year?

Again like the last sentence in my first post said this is the West Coast not the East Coast. I sold a radiator for 80 bucks the other day. And sold a perfect bird bath hood for $60 the other day as well. I sent the front core support to the crusher with the rest of the truck because it had a little bit of rust in it. I've had two complete doors with a key for each for $100 on Craigslist for two weeks with not one call on them. That's why I'm not going to pay the chick a bunch of money for something that I can't get no money for...

I was just juggling the idea of possibly getting it at a reasonable price and have something a little unique and cool. And low enough if I couldn't do nothing with it I could just part it out but she needs her sentimental value likely and no one's going to pay for that. She still recalls people leaving notes on it and knocking on her door relentlessly. But then ain't nobody knocking now with it all smashed up and totaled...

Even 70’s trucks? (Going up in price)

I thought the north east would emissions-kill driving an old truck around up there?

What is it-antique and it doesn’t matter? Or just whatever emissions were required for that year?

yup tin grill trucks are going up rapidly. they are hot right now and parts are expensive. especially rust free ones.....

before like 85 or so doesn't get emission tested any more in jersey. most would be running historic tags anyway so no inspection at all..

Again like the last sentence in my first post said this is the West Coast not the East Coast. I sold a radiator for 80 bucks the other day. And sold a perfect bird bath hood for $60 the other day as well. I sent the front core support to the crusher with the rest of the truck because it had a little bit of rust in it. I've had two complete doors with a key for each for $100 on Craigslist for two weeks with not one call on them. That's why I'm not going to pay the chick a bunch of money for something that I can't get no money for...

craigslist is just about dead. places like facebook marketplace and offer up have taken over...

the guys at these two pages would have gone nuts over that parts you sold/scrapped..
Tin Grille Dodge Trucks
Li'l Red Express & Warlock Owners Club

what kind of shape are your doors in? i need at the least a drivers side one and would take a passenger door if they were in good shape and the right price.. i'd need them shipped though.. they have to be right for a 79 too..

A salvaged title is no big deal to many car guys ...if it was a Volvo that might be different.

Repairing the frame is no big deal...shops do it everyday. No need to swap it out unless it way worse than that damage looks.

Pay what you are comfortable with paying ... or walk.

It’s all in location.

craigslist is just about dead. places like facebook marketplace and offer up have taken over...

the guys at these two pages would have gone nuts over that parts you sold/scrapped..
Tin Grille Dodge Trucks
Li'l Red Express & Warlock Owners Club

what kind of shape are your doors in? i need at the least a drivers side one and would take a passenger door if they were in good shape and the right price.. i'd need them shipped though.. they have to be right for a 79 too..

sorry I don't ship stuff. That's why I don't have anything advertised here for sale.

well that explains why you sit on items and have to practically give it away or just scrap it.. theres a huge market out there waiting to pay you good money for stuff like that truck stuff if you choose it..

there has to be people in your area that needs it also.. like i said craigslist is on its way out.. i'll post stuff there but only after facebook and offer up.. i get 10 replies from facebook/offer up to 1 from craigslist..

well that explains why you sit on items and have to practically give it away or just scrap it.. theres a huge market out there waiting to pay you good money for stuff like that truck stuff if you choose it..

there has to be people in your area that needs it also.. like i said craigslist is on its way out.. i'll post stuff there but only after facebook and offer up.. i get 10 replies from facebook/offer up to 1 from craigslist..
LOL yeah anyways I've made a 500% profit on my last truck. And I'm not like the local guys who have all their parts price for the East Coast. I know many of them personally and they all have their eBay accounts and they all have their Snapchat space book stuff going on as well. But there's that same fender for $125 a year-and-a-half later still for sale. I mark my stuff down and anybody who's really looking for anything is really looking for staff that means spacebook OfferUp and Craigslist. I've sat on the doors and a couple other parts for a couple weeks now but I had no intention of selling every last part the first two days I listed them. You can ask a lot of people in this Parts game and they don't expect to sell 100% of the entire car within a week or truck. Worst case scenario I sit on them for a little longer and throw them in on my neck scrap run. Again I'm already at a 500% profit.

Last edited:
Also for me parting out a vehicle is very difficult because I live in the city I don't have a lot of property. And that's not typically what I like to do. As a matter of fact this is the first truck I've ever partied out and I feel I'm doing phenomenal with it. What's really cool is I have a big pile of parts that I'm going to take my son soon. He's even asking for parts out of the driver's door now LOL

Okay quick voice command here on my way to work. The owners husband was standing out front when I drove by on my way to work and I chatted with him for a minute and he divulged that he has a friend bringing a trailero that he wants to park their in their driveway soon. And he hasn't read all his text messages and she could possibly just be waiting for him to say yeah go for it. So hopefully we can work something out still possibly.

i don't know about that... i know plenty of guys that wouldn't even look at a classic with a salvage title..
I've pieced together plenty of early cars that barely had any original parts...no
i don't know about that... i know plenty of guys that wouldn't even look at a classic with a salvage title..
Never bothered me. No difference than putting a car together from bits and pieces and getting a bonded title. Or building a kit car without any title.

I've bought plenty of cars without titles, or early cars where the title lists the engine block serial number and the OE engine is long gone. You just learn how to work the system to get things right.

My F350 was a gift from a member here but he lost the pink slip. I waited a couple years just in case it came up then got a bonded title for the truck.

Here in WI it's five year deal... Cost me $100.00 for the bond. Can't sell it for five years but I don't care. Didn't plan on selling it until I assume room temperature.

One of my old customers from my vintage car hauling days paid $1,000,000 for a 1937 MB 540k Special Roadster...
didn't have any paperwork and it's tough to get a title from Hitler's govt. today. He got a "rebuilt" title...the car was $3,000,000 when it was done.

No difference than putting a car together from bits and pieces and getting a bonded title. Or building a kit car without any title.

hell i won't touch a vehicle with no title.. way too much trouble here to get one.. screw a bonded one too if they even have that here..

hell i won't touch a vehicle with no title.. way too much trouble here to get one.. screw a bonded one too if they even have that here..
I don't touch anything without a title here but if it has one it's all good to go...

-
Back