Warning a work rant!

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
I work at a equipment rental center. I work with steel and repair machinery. We have been replacing rusted out floors in WM dumpsters, I do the most of them. Today another worker was doing one when he left early for no reason. It must be finished for monday morning. They call me after I get home tonight asking if I can come in and finish it, I say no. If he didnt finish it its his responsibility to finish it, am I right? Call him not me. My main problem is that I make 7.25 an hour and the other guys make twice as much. I always get called for the bull **** jobs, the other workers dont. I get no respect from most of the other workers and I was refused a raise. I leave for Wyotech in april and I cant wait to get out of there. I am good friends with the owner but he wont fix anything about his business. He lets his daughter and her boy friend run it, and they think they can do anything that they want which includes breaking the rules.

Rant over, what do you guys think?

Bite your tongue and hold on til April . If jobs are as hard to find there as they are here , you need to keep whatever you have , no matter how bad you think it sucks . I hate my job , but I gotta have it !

tell em to stick that rod where the sun dont shine,they arent about to fire someone making 7.25 who can weld.

you said it yourself,they are making 2x as much as you-- simple economics-- lowest wage= most hours, hang in there & good luck at tech, Lawrence

hang in there man things can get worst even when you think they cant.. so i'd bite it til scholl and then tell them kiss the boots im gone..mike

please keep us posted on your wyotech exp. my son is looking at schools and thought about them aswell good luck..mike:smile:

I plan to stick it out, its only three months. Just Im really pissed. The owner is like family, I kinda feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place if you know what I mean. Yes Im going to the PA campus.

Sure, I'll come in, but I want a raise.................

and there it is folks :thumleft: you hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer.

seems like people who know how to work hard anymore dont get paid and the people who dont work fire those above??

used to be the other way around when people had ethics...

PA has the best HPPT course... what classes you taking?

seems like people who know how to work hard anymore dont get paid and the people who dont work fire those above??

used to be the other way around when people had ethics...

PA has the best HPPT course... what classes you taking?

Im taking collision as my main course, street rod and custom fab as my second and Im adding on the business course.

I,d go in and finish the job.You,ll need all the experience you can get,you can also mention these times when asking for a wage increase.I,m guessing your a young guy just starting in the work force?

Oh,minimum wage is $10.25 here.

They call me after I get home tonight asking if I can come in and finish it, I say no. If he didnt finish it its his responsibility to finish it, am I right? Call him not me. My main problem is that I make 7.25 an hour and the other guys make twice as much. I always get called for the bull **** jobs, the other workers dont.

Rant over, what do you guys think?

Caller Id is the best thing since sliced bread. Start screening your calls

You aren't trying to work your way up with the company so don't do anything other that what it takes not to get fired.

-
Back