Was I hozed in the classifieds ..?

-
Thank-you all for your opinions.

What it boiled down to was me not asking enough questions and assuming that we both used the same terminology i.e. pair and set.

Everybody knows what happens when you assume..sometimes I have my head buried in the sand.

I was quite happy with the product..just wanted more :)

Question closed. I now feel better now.

Again, than-you all.

Ian.

Hard call I say he owes ya 2 more. When it comes to rims and tires, I say I have a pair of rims and tires for sale...equals 2. I have a full set of rims and tires....equals 4.
I find these day's you must spell it out to the seller what it is your getting for your dollars if they haven't in the ad.
Way to go Goldfish65..offering that single, it is a start LOL that is what this board is all about..helping each other out.
Good luck.
AL

Grassy, I pm'd you but couldn't upload photo...so here it is.

012.jpg

a car has 4 wheels, a set of RIMS is 4 rims

a girl has 2 (funbags), a set is 2

in this term, i would think a set would be 4....id be upset about the transaction too

What it boiled down to was me not asking enough questions and assuming that we both used the same terminology i.e. pair and set.

Everybody knows what happens when you assume..sometimes I have my head buried in the sand.

I was quite happy with the product..just wanted more :)

Again, than-you all.

Ian.

That is a great attitude, Chock it it up as another one of those costly lessons in life. I think we have all ASSUMED something in the past. Good luck in the future

If it`s any consolation, that is one nice pair (set) of adapters! Much better than anything aftermarket out there.

I bought aftermarket adapters at 50 bucks per pair. I dont think you were hosed in the dollar and cents part of the deal.

Grassy, I'd like to applaud you on the manner in which you handled this as i've been monitoring it from it's conception. There's been no name calling a no one has been slandered. You approached this as a question to other members and you've recieved some good answers and much respect on the handling of the matter. You have also learned a lesson i'm sure but in the end it has been a great example to other members here on how to best handle a future transaction in the future. Guys, take a lesson. This is a very respectable way to handle a matter of this nature. Your a good man Grassy.
Small Block

Grassy, I'd like to applaud you on the manner in which you handled this as i've been monitoring it from it's conception. There's been no name calling a no one has been slandered. You approached this as a question to other members and you've recieved some good answers and much respect on the handling of the matter. You have also learned a lesson i'm sure but in the end it has been a great example to other members here on how to best handle a future transaction in the future. Guys, take a lesson. This is a very respectable way to handle a matter of this nature. Your a good man Grassy.
Small Block

Man I agree 100%, this it the way we should aproach all problems here.

I guess we've found out that words mean things. If the schools would teach word definition and make the students use them, there would be fewer misunderstandings. The words couple, pair, few, set, etc. have certain meanings depending on the subject matter. If only 2 are used in a particular application, that is also a set. It might also be a couple or a pair depending on the items relationship. A larger number can also be a set as in "chess set". It would come with all the pieces needed to complete the game. When the subject is a 4 wheeled vehicle's wheel spacers, a set would be 4 which would complete the vehicle's requirement to make it complete. Now it time for me to go eat a set of potato chips......however many that will be....:)
Mark

If you can't come up with a couple more, try taking the pair to a machine shop. I'm sure they could make you another PAIR so that you'll have a full SET.

Man If I see a chick with four I'm marryin her!!!! LoL

The two on the back are for dancing - lol.

Anyways, I think it was just a terminology difference. Lack of communication is the biggest source of problems in the world, whether its car parts or nuclear missiles.

Both are at fault here. The seller for not supplying enough information, and the buyer for not asking enough questions. Both assumed, and neither one clarified. The deal has been made. Live and learn, and move on.

jeryst,

Please read entire post or did you just fell a summary of my post was necessary ???

I was quite happy with the product..just wanted more

Again, than-you all.

Ian.

jeryst,

Please read entire post or did you just fell a summary of my post was necessary ???

I was quite happy with the product..just wanted more

Again, than-you all.

Ian.

Hi grassy. I'm sorry. For whatever reason, this showed up when I hit the "NEW POSTS" button. Maybe something flakey with my computer, or maybe I just did something wrong. Either way, I think I just read the first page, then shot my big mouth off. Public apology. Sorry again.

jeryst.

I must apologize as well..I think I was having a bad day so I will blame it on my meds.

I did notice that wehen coming into a topic with the notice being sent to you fromthe server, it dumps you to the first pageso I can see what happened.

I will try to stay off the box when grumpy but it will be hard because it is the best forum around..

Ian.

-
Back