was I wrong for letting my 15 year old drive the dart

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
Well I was taking my daughter to a party. So its pretty outside so we took the dart. We get to the road the party was at and I asked her you wanna drive? She looked at me like I was drunk,so I said ok you don't have to. They she says ok I'll do it pull over. So all the little boys were jealous of her. When she pulled up they asked is that your Danielle and I said nope.
IMG_20110812_182042.jpg
[/IMG]

hahaha. Thats a great way to get her noticed..lettin' her roll up in a mopar. Guarantee if yall had rolled up in a chevy the boys all would have said "Hey my mom drives one of those"

You do know you've just infected her with the sickness we all suffer from. lol

No I don't think it was wrong... good job of teaching her to take pride in these old cars.

What could be wrong about it? You're her parent. It's a happy moment you both will remember the rest of your lives.

neat lookin steering wheel...and no the tach is only at 1000 RPM in the pic lol

thats awesome,,,bet u made her day-----Again..... she'll be the coolest around.......oh, hope ya got a shotgun....lol

When she was little we would clean the car up and show. I would always put it in her name at the shows and she would go running up to get her trophy.

Load the double barrel with rock salt. Takes care of the looky loos right quick.

Don't ask me how I know.....

You did good. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to drive. I remember sitting on my dads lap steering while we drove through town.

It's funny, one of my friends drove his restored 69 RR 440 6pak over to my house today. My 4 year old boy runs outside and over by the drivers door and says "Dad it's a Road Runner" He saw the looney tunes Road Runner on the door, but I was still proud.

was I wrong for letting my 15 year old drive the dart

as long as she is legal to drive then no your not nuts. i let my 16 year old who has a learners permit drive my dart all the time. just have to watch the insurance though. don't think anyone under 25 is really supposed to be driving my car because of the collector car insurance.

Mine was doing big fat smokey burnouts at 12
in a chevy pickup.
I started teaching her to drive at 7.
Good job pop.

I think people who learn to drive before they get there liecence actually make better drivers

someone has to teach them to respect the older cars to keep the hobby alive

I let my daughter drive my 67 Coronet convertible when she was 15. She stated it didn't drive like the car she was use to.

View attachment 67dodgeB.jpg

But the other night she was over and my old cars were scrolling as screen saver and when the 72 Challenger came up she said, "That is what I want"

View attachment ChallengerRalley.jpg

Unless I were to get it and give to her doubt she would ever be able to have one. She had been driving my Mustang convertible while I worked on her 2001 PT Cruiser. Hopefully some day things get better for her and she can have some fun stuff.

Make sure your insurance covers her if something would happen, then let her have some fun.

Do know of a guy that let his 16 year old daughter take his Prowler out and totaled it. She was not covered and he got nothing for it.

-
Back