• Not my style...

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one or use to have one across their back dashboard back in the day??? I seen a lot of them, but really wasn't my taste. This one belongs to a guy I know and he had it in his Duster in the 70's. He is giving me the PLYMOUTH patch....

fur.jpg

Saw a lot of that back in the day, shag or fur on the package shelf, dingleberries around the windshield, chain link steering wheels... not for me. :eek:

LOL.... 8 for 8 so far ... not our taste :D But funny how many I remember seeing...

EEEwwwwwwW.
Im not old enough to remember the shag days but I do remember the carpet covers they made for the dash.

I can totally remember those sadly, to this day they are just not for me. And yes I endured the oil/gas embargo. I was working at a shell gas station trying to survive when they were so popular. The owner asked me the first day if I smoked? Of course I thought he was referring to pot! Hah! He then handed me a bic lighter and told me always stand on the island so they could not open the door and knock me over. Then he explained If some one gave me grief point the gas nozzle in car with bic lighter in other hand. He was very serious and I was just thinking whew glad he didn’t figure out I was smoking pot on breaks! Hah! I later found out his niece was shot while working station at night. We drag raced the wreckers when he left with the station across the street! Twin booms 55 Chevy wreckers we topped out at about 40 mph but made a lot of noise getting there! Life was simpler then.

I never liked "extra ****" like that and NOTHING EVER hanging from the mirror. I've never liked decals on a street car, even on windows. Used to irritate me, most of the time in the Navy we had to put the base stickers on the bumper. Hell to get them off.

Nothing on the dash, complete black diamond tuck interior installed in Tijuana for $150.00 after interior fire (hole in muffler ignited back seat). Looks like a low rider, must have been worn out coil springs. Ten-inch steering wheel (power steering).

Pontiac Grand Prix.jpg

who me?.jpeg

Getting ready for a **** shoot in your car?? Asking for a friend who’s too shy to ask himself...(lead69).
I'm going to call you "R block" and lead69 "TF head"... And both of you together the dynamic duo... The two most elusive members of this forum... At least to show up to a drag strip...:D..

WARRIORS COME OUT AND PLAY-AYA!!?!!...

If it wouldda got me laid.......maybe.
Hmmm, Not shag carpet like that, but I had some kind of fake fur stuff on the package shelf of my first car -71 Nova. AND that is the only back seat I recall 'fully utilizing'. Was it the fake fur, or that I had my own apartment after that.? Guess I will never know. LOL
I do need to replace the cracked one in my Duster maybe if I go shag... nah, who am I kidding I hate crawling in there to clean the back window now. :BangHead:

I had one of the fuzzy covers years ago, it was a gift from a girl I was dating at the time. I had a 67 Barracuda notch car back then, 273 4 speed, manual steering & manual brakes. It had a knee knocker AC in it, but the compressor was toast. We took off to go see her parents in west Texas in July & it was hot. We rolled all of the windows down to try to stay cool (didn't work). When we got to her parents house, she noticed the the "rug" was gone. I guess it blew out when we were running 70 to 80 MPH on the highway. I never replaced it & I gave up on her shortly there after.

-
Back