Wasted Saturday...........wait..........!!SCORE!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So I get up this morning get breakfast and somewhere around 9-9:30 I am planning to go out and get busy, but NO!!! I just HAD to check C/L for the "latest great deals."

And ended up going clear over to the NW end of Spokamentro, picked this up, and had lunch with an old friend, he recently lost his wife to cancer and last few weeks his Mom as well.

Gearbox and slanty bell, complete with shifter, rods, and lever, OD aluminum (I think) case I'm bar'assed to tell you the price!!

MoparOD.jpg

On a side note he has a nice 64 Val HT all covered up in the garage, and an unrestored 66 Galaxie moredoor HT. I toldhim (The Val) "get that thing out and DRIVE it while you are still able!!"

Find the matching V/8 bell housing and then you gots something. Good snag....

I sold a 340 block that needed a sleeve for $40. I was moving and didnt need it. Thats the way it goes. I picked up a set of blown Alden adjustable shocks for $20, the kicker is Alden will rebuild them for free! Bad thing is they are only 4" travel "Standard length Rod shock" for a 32 street rod.

PS>> How about an NOS 318 lean burn computer? $40...
00c0c_4gd4lI1tOiB_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
You spent time with a friend who was probably glad to see you. That's a good Saturday in my book!

So I get up this morning get breakfast and somewhere around 9-9:30 I am planning to go out and get busy, but NO!!! I just HAD to check C/L for the "latest great deals."

And ended up going clear over to the NW end of Spokamentro, picked this up, and had lunch with an old friend, he recently lost his wife to cancer and last few weeks his Mom as well.

Gearbox and slanty bell, complete with shifter, rods, and lever, OD aluminum (I think) case I'm bar'assed to tell you the price!!

View attachment 1715198379

Lots of cool stuff hiding out up there evidently. I bought my brand new, never touched X block from a guy over there. Well, he was from Idaho but he met me in Spokane.

I sold a 340 block that needed a sleeve for $40. I was moving and didnt need it. Thats the way it goes. I picked up a set of blown Alden adjustable shocks for $20, the kicker is Alden will rebuild them for free! Bad thing is they are only 4" travel "Standard length Rod shock" for a 32 street rod.

PS>> How about an NOS 318 lean burn computer? $40...
View attachment 1715198511

$40 for a NOS lean burn computer? Will Diplomats ever be resto fodder? Hmmm....

-
Back