water wetter

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
do any of you guys run the water wetter and if so how many do you use and can you tell a diff. in the temp...i got 1 and thought i would ask before i use it..

come on guys nobody use water wetter at all????

My dad does in his sand car. He said it may have helped some. Use the directions on the bottle and you should be fine. Just water and that stuff is suposed to work the best. A better cooling sestem is the way to go though. The wetter should help till then though.

I have used it in 4 different dirt bikes and it worked....no boil over during long slow, steep trail rides any more. There is no fan for cooling water on a dirt bike, only the plastic shroud that guides the air through the radiators. When you ride slow in warm weather you overheat, boil over and fluid shoots out the hose end........that stopped happening once I started using the water wetter

I believe that it works and drops temps between 15-30 deg depending on air flow.

Mop

I have used it in the past and it does work (at least in my case). I used it because I didn't have the time to chase down the real reason why I was running so hot. It was a temporary fix. Usually, there are reasons why your vehicle is overheating (ie. non-sufficient cooling system [radiator, pump, etc.], timing issue, blockage, etc.). In my case, it was a combination.

my car dont heat at all it stays at 180 or under but i thought that if it cooled down some it was a help just dont want to spend 10.00 on however many bottles and not see any diff... so i think that im good with just the alum. radi and the stuff on it now....i went to the water pump drive and electric fan and drove the car around sat. about 10 miles i think and never got pass 180 then so i think ill be okay......

If you don't get over 180 I wouldn't worry about it.

For someone like you, without cooling issues, you probably won't see a change…..

FYI….. If your car is a full time street car you shouldn't be running an electric water pump.

i used it in the past, still had temp troubles....if you have a mechainical issue of sorts, not enough air flow for example, need to fix the mechanical issues first otherwise it is like trying to put a band aid on a bullet wound....

no my car is more of a strip car now days than street...got away from the qtp for some slicks looking to get a few more mph out of it and some et i hope....

-
Back