Waxing Without Destroying Decals

-

Ricks70Duster340

Child of the King
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the best long lasting wax that can be applied without turning the black decals white? In the past I've always used Nu Finish because it lasted so long between waxing but that product is not good on decals.

Nu Finish does a decent job at restoring paint but it’s not a wax since there is no ‘wax’ in it. It’s more of a polish or sealant.

Do you need a wax or a polish as there is a difference.

Nu Finish does a decent job at restoring paint but it’s not a wax since there is no ‘wax’ in it. It’s more of a polish or sealant.

Do you need a wax or a polish as there is a difference.
Wax. The paint is in good shape so no need of a polish.

I use black shoe polish to get rid if all the " white pinstripes" after "waxing", also enhance black handles, trim with can of black shoe polish, soft brush to apply and another to buff.
Try it, you'll like it .
Not much real "wax" anymore, most time its just silicon .

I use black shoe polish to get rid if all the " white pinstripes" after "waxing", also enhance black handles, trim with can of black shoe polish, soft brush to apply and buff.
Try it, you'll like it .
That works pretty well on those black plastic bumpers and side mirrors

1706819070400.png
You can use this on matte-gloss black paint/plastic/vinyl. Of course, if it has alredy been contaminated with old wax, it might not fix it.

We do not recommend waxing Phoenix Graphix decals as they have a protective UV coating and our made from automotive grade vinyl.

Established in 1985

-
Back