Ways NOT to customize your 1965 Dodge Dart 270

-

ringydingydingd

member jr.
Reaction score
Amazing workmanship but i think i just threw up a little.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439-1.jpg

dsc_1746.jpg

dsc_1742.jpg

Those cars give me a huge hardon!!!
It is about time someone started to customize Darts (like the 73 with fins)!!!

There isn't much you can do to a dart other than bolt ons, they all start to look the same after a while.

I saw the green one in a background shot in an issue of O.S.R. a while ago, I think it was a show in Japan.

They remind me of Gene Winfield customs.

looks like the same car with different paint and bumpers. curious they'd do so much custom work and retain the stock side molding. i like!

I rather like it/them myself, but I don't see much Dart DNA left... I suppose it would've cost too much to chop up a Chevy Impala (the look he was going for, I think).

Well my 2 cents...if you have a perfectly restorable numbers matching car and you customize it that far...then there is a good possibility you need a shrink. If however you are dealing with a rolling shell....and you make it look like one of those.....MORE POWER TO YA!! they are both sweet pieces of work!...... what makes me throw up in my mouth are attached..... for the life of me I just cant see this stuff as cool...and I have tried...just aint happenin

Well my 2 cents...if you have a perfectly restorable numbers matching car and you customize it that far...then there is a good possibility you need a shrink. If however you are dealing with a rolling shell....and you make it look like one of those.....MORE POWER TO YA!! they are both sweet pieces of work!...... what makes me throw up in my mouth are attached..... for the life of me I just cant see this stuff as cool...and I have tried...just aint happenin

Well, with the exception of that '60 Impala ragtop, none of those cars were "worth" anything to begin with, so I say go for it- not my thing, of course.

I'd bet anything that "Dart" custom has a Chevy 350 under the hood, that's what kills me.

Cause they know it pisses people off, the same reason why they wear their pants down to their ankles.
Anything to piss people off and get attention.

looks like the same car with different paint and bumpers. curious they'd do so much custom work and retain the stock side molding. i like!
I agree! They look like the same car done twice IMO. Interesting to see an A-Body customized like that.

I think they look great, the two in the original posts, not the donks, I hate those :munky2:

-
Back