Weather is coming

-
We are supposed to get ours around 3-5am, I can hardly wait..the idiots cant drive here in Memphis on a good day. The talking heads on the news have everyone running to the store for bread and milk. I dont have to go in until Friday afternoon hopefully it will have let up by then

The same here whitedawg, I will make sure to have my camera with me tomorrow when I take a couple folks to work and see if there is any idiots out trying to get out of there drive way, or some folks in the ditch

The same here whitedawg, I will make sure to have my camera with me tomorrow when I take a couple folks to work and see if there is any idiots out trying to get out of there drive way, or some folks in the ditch
pictures of the idiots please....

The wife called in and stayed home :cheers: The winter blast is here :-D

I took the first picture 15 minutes ago and just took the last one 3 minutes ago :toothy10:

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 045.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 046.jpg

40s day 20-30 night? Not the standard TO warm and to dry for this time of year.

Cuddle up to something warm today Mike! No snow here temp is around 45 and cloudy.
Here's a picture from last years storm that dumped 18" on us.

Here is a set of pictures I started taking at 8:30am

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 045.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 046.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 047.jpg

Same here Mike, wife called in.....me not so lucky I've got to go to work this afternoon. But little more prepared, with my 4x4, have the back end loaded with horse food and rocks from unfinished landscape project, tow straps, winch and come-a-long:bootysha:

Heard on the local news that you Okies were hit hard.. stay of the road, hopefully keep warm, and enjoy the long weekend

We are supposed to get snow/sleet/ice tonight. With the roads and lack of snow here in N.C. this could get interesting.Forecast is for up to a foot near Virginia border and 3-6" in Raleigh area and Ice towards Fayetteville.

Keep your powder dry Mike. A couple of days of that weather, and that big old fat squirrel will start to look mighty appetizing. :)

We had 3 days of freezing rain and fog this time last week, then got a couple of inches of snow on top of it to make things interesting. You and Treva keep warm and safe.

Whenever I see Memike's weather threads, I know all I have to do is wait about an hour and a half and whatever he has is going to be here. It is. The inside kitties are gathered around the porch door watching the rare spectacle and trying to bat through the glass at the snowflakes.

Does anybody have my boss's phone number? I wanna call in too. :-D

Whenever I see Memike's weather threads, I know all I have to do is wait about an hour and a half and whatever he has is going to be here. It is. The inside kitties are gathered around the porch door watching the rare spectacle and trying to bat through the glass at the snowflakes.

Your boss has got a good heart Leanna,but she is also a workaholic so I don't know if she will give in.She will make the right decision,don't worry.Stay safe.8) I know she's easier to work with than my boss,lol.:-D

I just went out to start Treva's car and on the north east side the doors ar froze shut with a n inch of ice so I went to the passenger and got in and fired her up, I for got to stock up on my liquid :-D
When I get off the hill I will take picture's :happy10:

Leanna is North northeast of me and that is the direction most of our weather heads, Take a day Sista :cheers:

Here in KY we were without power for 14 days and I live in town. I will add the pics when I get home and downsize them.
This year we have our BIGGER generator and its all wired up. Extra gas for it. lots of candles and can goods. I live in a small street and wife and I are almost the youngest at age 40. So our grill was used to cook for most of the hood. I would wake up early to make coffee for quite a few of them and fill up a few heaters. Then had to drive an hour to work, work all day. Get home and fill kersone heaters again. Cut trees off cars and my truck while wife started to cook all the food. It did wear us down but its what we do here in a small town.

Here in KY we were without power for 14 days and I live in town. I will add the pics when I get home and downsize them.
This year we have our BIGGER generator and its all wired up. Extra gas for it. lots of candles and can goods. I live in a small street and wife and I are almost the youngest at age 40. So our grill was used to cook for most of the hood. I would wake up early to make coffee for quite a few of them and fill up a few heaters. Then had to drive an hour to work, work all day. Get home and fill kersone heaters again. Cut trees off cars and my truck while wife started to cook all the food. It did wear us down but its what we do here in a small town.
Hang tough Hemi 8) and bless you for being a great member of your small town :cheers: It's folks like you that make people have more faith in the world :happy10:
I just got back and I have got to say I had the road to myself here 8)
I picked up some supplies for our neighbor Milk and butter :-D and my 18 mile drive to get me a few cold ones to enjoy after I got my wife's permission :-D
I did not make it up the drive way all the way 8)

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 052.jpg

Here ya go Frank, Like I said it is snowing like it never wants to quite
sorta like a /6

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 052.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 053.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 054.jpg

Its on it way here too. I'm in NC, almost in VA and they are predicting 8-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. This will be the first time in 7 years I don't have to go to work. I finally get to stay home and play with the boy:cheers:How much you wanna bet I get called in?

I attended a class for my job from tues-thurs in Norman Ok about 25 miles south of OKC I was let out of class early thurs 9:00 am I was able to get on the road to drive home to Lynchburg VA it had already started freezing on the car but not on the roads. Started driving east on I 40 finally drove out of the stuff near Sallisaw OK then kept driving until I got to Knoxville TN. I had XM in the rental car so I was able to know when the storm would hit where. Hell I was afraid to stop until I got to K'ville about 14 hrs then got 5 hrs sleep then finished the drive this morning got home safe. thank God, now we have to deal with it tomarrow here in VA

Its on it way here too. I'm in NC, almost in VA and they are predicting 8-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. This will be the first time in 7 years I don't have to go to work. I finally get to stay home and play with the boy:cheers:How much you wanna bet I get called in?
I bet ya a dollar you stay home and enjoy a great time at home :cheers:

I attended a class for my job from tues-thurs in Norman Ok about 25 miles south of OKC I was let out of class early thurs 9:00 am I was able to get on the road to drive home to Lynchburg VA it had already started freezing on the car but not on the roads. Started driving east on I 40 finally drove out of the stuff near Sallisaw OK then kept driving until I got to Knoxville TN. I had XM in the rental car so I was able to know when the storm would hit where. Hell I was afraid to stop until I got to K'ville about 14 hrs then got 5 hrs sleep then finished the drive this morning got home safe. thank God, now we have to deal with it tomarrow here in VA
I would be so stress'ed out I would sleep for 7 hours or more after that trip :-D Glad you made it home and know you can take a deep breath and enjoy a couple days home :cheers:

Oh the joys of being self employed. LOL

-
Back