Weiand intake manifold ?

-

fastoldman

Reaction score
Yesterday I was given a weiand 7510 SB intake manifold that was on its way to the aluminum pile at the scrap yard. Looks to be in good shape. Single plane with heat crossover. Anyone got any info on this intake? I haven't found anything on the web.

Post a picture, or two someone will be able to tell you about it.

I'll take some pictures later today and try to post them. Kind of computer illiterate.:tongue10:

That is a single plane I take call the "X-celerator" or some weird spelling of accelerator.
The intakes RPM rand is 1500-7000 RPM as per Weiand.
I have not tried one myself.

Took some pictures today. Only info on manifold is weiand 7510. The guy had it on a 360 4x4. Is it any good?

Attachments

• CIMG0599.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,060
Phil Weiand didn't do a lot of advertising, but he made quality parts that worked great and are still being made by Holley, these days. Not too many people know this, but he actually developed the very first aluminum intake manifold, before Vic Edelbrock did the Slingshot.

That is a great manifold for a high performance, high RPM engine. 340 or 360 with a good cam. I don't know why you would want it on a truck, unless it was a stick or a hotrod of sorts and not much of a hauler or tow rig.

Weiand changed part number to 7545.

Got one on a 71 Dart that has run 10.71 in Vegas

I would seriously suggest this intake for a hot street package with numerically high gears and a high stall converter. Mostly on a ride that will ignore power below 3000 RPM. This would be the best use of this intake IMO.

Thanks guys. Sounds like I better hang onto it for my next SB project. First I've got to finnish my 71 340 swinger.Lotttttttts to do.

Yup, agree as above. That manifold will work well but it will work best @3000 rpm and above. I had one years ago and then put it on a buddies 340 Dart when we put in a little higher rpm cam and some 373 gears. It worked great in that car. Good find!

Nice manifolds.That Mopar one,is a lot bigger the the Chev version.

I had one that i gasket matched and ground out the seams inside.had it on a 360 it replaced a peformer and I could feel the difference in power as soon as i test drove it.big time.

We just pulled one of these off a 340 that came out of a race boat about 25 years ago. Daft to have a manifold with power to 7k, when it only used to pull about 5400 flat stick.

i just picked up one of these 7510 manifolds tonight but mine looks different than yours my runners are in more of a straight X pattern and yours is a curved X pattern. yours is almost identical to my torker2 340 manifold see pics below. when i went to pick it up i thought this is basically torker2 340 intake until i got home and compared the two side by side my weiand ports are smaller than the edelbrock ports and the weiand has a raised floor in the carb opening and the runners are clearly smaller than the torker manifold so im thinking this would be a more friendy street manifold than my torker should have more velocity due to smaller runners and ports.

anybody have any idea when or why they would have changed the design and keep the same part#

Attachments

• Photo1939.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Photo1940.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 916
You can see the changes in the two designs of Weiand shown. I'd run the earlier (orange) one. The later casting I wouldn't bother with as there are much better choices available now.

I had one on my 340 Duster in the late 80's. It pulled hard well past 6000 rpm. I also remember the middle bolts to be a PIA to tighten/loosen (on a hot summer day). One of those turn a few degrees flip wrench kindof deals.

Interesting. I just picked up one of these in near new condition for $50. Sounds like I got a good deal.

When they changed to the curved runners, that took away from the design. I don't know why. I am no forum genius, but I know the curved runners are not as good. Especially the case with that Edelbrock Torker posted above. They flat out suck balls. A stock cast iron EGR intake is better IMO. The old Weiand like that orange one, they are badass, but like rumblefish said, they like 3K and above much better than under 3K. They WILL work at lower RPM, just not as good as some other choices.

No, but it's not quite as good as the old torker for the big blocks. but it's a lot better than the torker II with the curved runners.

No I wouldn't even say it sucks. They are pretty good.

Late, but its a small plenum single plane aimed at the guys who want the racy kinda **** but don't want all the negative effects of weaker signal/low speed torque loss, its a inbetween kinda intake imo.
I ran the earlier version with port matching done on my 340 combo of a solid mp.528 solid, mild port heads , 9.5 comp, headers,4 sod, 3.73's, up until about 2 1/2 yrs ago when I replaced it with an as cast ld340 dual plane.
The ld340 picked up from 9.5 inch of vacuum to 12''! And obviously pulls harder under 6200 , but the weiand would pull strong through 6200-6500 and run out of ponies around 7200...but like dual planes do..the weiand couldn't. I ran a 13.8 with the weiand on 25'' street tires just spinnin.... if I had the ld..the tires would have blown off even harder. Felt like the weiand was about 25 ft lbs of tq below the better dual planes.

-
Back