weighed the Duster today

-

hypermite

Reaction score
I took my Duster to the same certified scale where I weighed it last year, here are the results

before: 318, 727, power steering & brakes, all iron engine ; 3230 lbs.

now: 440,727, manual steering & brakes, aluminum heads, intake,waterpump & housing, & aluminum radiator; 3200 lbs.

both weights are with NO driver & less than 1/4 tank of gas.

Nice, bigger engine and less weight. You did what you could in aluminum where ya could on the BB engine? Headers for the BB engine?

Hmm just imagine how you more weight you've loss if it was a built small block using aluminum every place you can. Either way nice! How much power are you making.

I took my Duster to the same certified scale where I weighed it last year, here are the results

before: 318, 727, power steering & brakes, all iron engine ; 3230 lbs.

now: 440,727, manual steering & brakes, aluminum heads, intake,waterpump & housing, & aluminum radiator; 3200 lbs.

both weights are with NO driver & less than 1/4 tank of gas.
That= 2 tenth's in the quarter!! lol..Nice.

I gotta say, I'm surprised

I'm not, the factory weight on my 75 duster was 3198, it was a slant 6 car, PS & power disc brakes, after installing an 8.3/4, 451 BB with irons heads, aluminum rad., MS & brakes, all steel including hood, the only reduction was going with fiberglass bumpers/brackets, & 2 racing seats, car weighed 3070 with me in it, i'm 145 lbs.

Hmm just imagine how you more weight you've loss if it was a built small block using aluminum every place you can. Either way nice! How much power are you making.

I'm not sure of the power, I followed a 440 build that Car Craft magazine did a few years back, they made 530 hp. I have a little more compression and more carburation, so with any luck, it should be close.

-
Back