Weld through primer?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I am going to buy some U POl weld through primer.They sell a zinc rich primer and a copper rich primer.What is the differance between the two?I really didn't see any myself.I am going to be welding body panels.

Thanks,Jim

I am going to buy some U POl weld through primer.They sell a zinc rich primer and a copper rich primer.What is the differance between the two?I really didn't see any myself.I am going to be welding body panels.

Thanks,Jim

have a friend who uses the weld thru primer and loves it... never tried it myself but would be worth a try!

also i would go with the zinc because like your epoxy primers it prevents rust...

Check the MSDS on what is in them.
Welding thru zinc coated metal is not a good idea without good ventalation.
Not sure about the copper.

Check the MSDS on what is in them.
Welding thru zinc coated metal is not a good idea without good ventalation.
Not sure about the copper.

yea good point lol... not such an issue with a mig welder tho due to such a small area of weld and major heat...

Ever been ill from welding galvanized? I have. No fun.

I've used both but the zinc one agree's with my Hobart a little more for some reason...

My cousin welded galvanized and did alot of welding indoors and would always use these products. He was diagnosed with cancer, he felt sick after work three days after thanksgiving. He was told christmas eve he had 7 day's . He died Christmas at 7 PM. He looked healthy and normal up until thanksgiving. The day before he went to the doctor we were sitting at my kitchen table having Coffee and eating smoked turkey. He said he had a pain in his side like a musle sprain I told him to get checked out for a hernia. . His name was Michael Kiss he was 48 years old. he left 2 daughters and a wife behind and many many freinds. Please take my advice an use these products in a well vented area. It stays with you and never stops attacking your body. It will win, it waits until you can't fight back!! I know, and I cherrish everyday I have. When your at work and you watch the clock, time goes so slow, But when your with your loved ones and want it to never end, time goes so fast. I just want it to last longer for all. Steve Kiss 56

I use 3M weld through primer with Zinc. When you spray it on just spray a light coat. If you apply too much you will have problems with the heavy splatter. You will be able to see through it! When you weld it will somewhat melt the Zinc into the bare metal creating a more corrosion resistant repair.

-
Back