Welding up a M-1 W-5 for std head?

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
I've got a brand new M-1 single plane that is for a W-5 with the different intake bolt spacing (PN 4529460).

I'm building a stroker with standard bolt spacing heads (ported E-brock).

Can I have the bolt holes welded to make it work a std head bolt spacing?

Anyone with a std head M-1 single plane want to trade or sell ??

Attachments

• PICT2142a.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 207
  • PICT2146.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 217
According to this post, W5 intake will work on a LA head.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=97387

Just sat it on the motor today. Bolt holes are off 1/2" or so. If you look at the pictures on your auction and the one I posted above, look at the first intake bolt. Then look at the triangle the features in the casting makes above it.

On the W-5, the hole is right under the triangle point. On yours, it's further back.

Could you email me at [email protected]

the w5 intake wont fit the standard heads with the redrilled holes due to the w5 having raised intake ports...the width of the manifolds are different....

the w5 intake wont fit the standard heads with the redrilled holes due to the w5 having raised intake ports...the width of the manifolds are different....

You know we got the ports to match up when we moved the intake fore and aft. But I think we were just looking at the bottom and sided of the port through the carb hole. We couldn't see the top of the port.

Is that were all the difference is?

i have one of the w5 m1 intakes..and the standard intake m1...i took a bunch of pictures...and measurements...

can not find the pictures on the lap top...as i thought the same as you...redrill bolts and they would be interchangeable...

but someone dont remember who...stated that because of the w5 raised ports...the intake would not interchange...

Do you have the gaskets for the W5? Try matching the ports up.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...in=5873659&Words=+mopacltd&topic=&Search=true

Comments below are copied from link above....about 3/4 of way down page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we discussing the P4452893 intake manifold? And if so, will it bolt to a set of Edelbrock heads?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

P4452893 is actually the casting number.......for 2 different intakes.

The P4529460 was machined to fit the raised ports of the W-5 head.

The P4452891 was machined to fit the factory LA heads, Edelbrock,
Indybrock, Brodix B1-BA, Small Port Commando.

If you have an intake with P4452893 on it and the bolt spacing
matches your heads, it will work.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...in=5873659&Words=+mopacltd&topic=&Search=true

Comments below are copied from link above....about 3/4 of way down page

Are we discussing the P4452893 intake manifold? And if so, will it bolt to a set of Edelbrock heads?

No.

P4452893 is actually the casting number.......for 2 different intakes.

The P4529460 was machined to fit the raised ports of the W-5 head.

The P4452891 was machined to fit the factory LA heads, Edelbrock,
Indybrock, Brodix B1-BA, Small Port Commando.

If you have an intake with P4452893 on it and the bolt spacing
matches your heads, it will work.

From that I can't figure if there are two W-5 M-1 intakes?? They talk about large port W-5 and small? port W-5 intake. If there is two, which one is the P4529460 ??

P4529460 is the small port...that is the one I have in the box...with that PN>

P4529460 is the small port...that is the one I have in the box...with that PN>

So that large port is the desirable one that you can't buy anymore??

Can you buy P4529460 anymore?

The large port is a race intake. The small port like you and I have are more for the street, kind of, if ya know what i mean. By compare that is. It's designed to move large amounts of air and fuel. It also came with a 4500 carb pad.

Side note;
Early W5 intakes had to be cut and welded to fit.

-
Back