Well, another reason to skip Wal-Mart

-
If your child is sick, and needs medicine ,or maybe your sump pump goes out, you loose elctricity, and need emergency supplies at 1am. Then tell me you wont shop at walmart. Im not saying that I like wal-mart. But there are some instances where you may not have a choice but to shop there. (without your dog).

I wish my question about a high speed miss got this much attention. its got 3 replies and one of em is mine. Sounds to me like someone got embarrassed by being turned away and made a big deal about it. This capitalized on ppl's emotion about Super Wal-Marts which was already a concern way before this occurred.

Me I'm not a big conglomerate corporation, I like dogs, cats too. I'm not out to oppress anyone, especially not dog lovers. With that said... I would not let you bring your dog in my house. If you tried to sneak it in, I would have no problem letting my dog eat it. If you have to sneak it in you already know your wrong. Dogs are not baby kangaroo's or "joey's"

With that said I am a new member and am not argumentative as this post may seem, but after reading all 76 replies I felt compelled to say something.. by the way nice to meet all ya'll!!
Dietz

Amen Brother ... welcome to FABO

deitz diggler,

If I were sneaking it in, it would have gotten in.
Don’t mistake irritation for embarrassment.
Maybe your dog ate part of your engine. That why it’s miss(ing)?
Maybe it drooled in the carb.
People are very knowledgeable here. Some are even geniuses.
All you need is one good reply for a solution. Two might have done it.
Welcome to the zoo.

We have fun here. Or at least try to without getting anyone angry.
Argumentative is probably ok.
The problem is when people don’t respect each other and make real or perceived personal attacks. Then the mods have to get involved. No one likes that. Woo Hoo.

One of the rewards in taking the Chihuahua along is the reaction from children.
Sort of like visiting shut-ins with a therapy animal.
Priceless.
Now whether that makes it all about me, I’ll let others “judge”.
You have a great New Year Holiday.
Really.

Don't you like to try on your sweater before you buy it?
She needed one.
And she wanted to go.
No, she didn't tell me in so many words.
They just want to be with people they love.
Funny, dogs are like that.
And if someone is that alergic, they might want to consider staying home anyway.
Never know what might be in the air, considering some people's hygene.

thats what pet smart is for. i take my two dogs there all the time.

Only go to Walmart to get my copy of Mopar Action,with out my dog's

Alan627b, I'd love to see her drive that beast on your avatar with poopsie on her lap and the phone glued to her ear. She was probably telling her caller friend all about the RUDE other driver's on the road, and how they have no respect for her, or poopsies obvious right to slobber all over her and her car!!! AGHHH!!! My new motto... SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!! Or better yet, just shut up!!! Geof

You know the funny thing is..the scraper I run, same model as the one pictured, weighs about 75000 pounds empty, around 125000 loaded. You'd be surprised at how many motorists have driven around or ignored our flagmen on jobs where we have to haul across highways. People are complete morons when it comes to construction equipment.
There's nothing but steel up front, it's sort of like a yellow freight train.
A car Vs scraper battle only has one winner....it ain't the car!
Same people race freight trains for thrills I guess.....most people think these things must stop on a dime, and most of ours don't have brakes at all!
Makes for an interesting time when we have to road them, believe me.
People like to cut in between our foreman's truck and in front of us sometimes, just to save a second or two....
In case you wondered, this thing has 2 6 cylinder diesels of about 225 HP each, an 8 speed auto up front and a 4 speed in the rear. It'll do about 30 mph empty on flat ground if the ground is hard enough.
Alan627b

You know the funny thing is..the scraper I run, same model as the one pictured, weighs about 75000 pounds empty, around 125000 loaded. You'd be surprised at how many motorists have driven around or ignored our flagmen on jobs where we have to haul across highways. People are complete morons when it comes to construction equipment.
There's nothing but steel up front, it's sort of like a yellow freight train.
A car Vs scraper battle only has one winner....it ain't the car!
Same people race freight trains for thrills I guess.....most people think these things must stop on a dime, and most of ours don't have brakes at all!
Makes for an interesting time when we have to road them, believe me.
People like to cut in between our foreman's truck and in front of us sometimes, just to save a second or two....
In case you wondered, this thing has 2 6 cylinder diesels of about 225 HP each, an 8 speed auto up front and a 4 speed in the rear. It'll do about 30 mph empty on flat ground if the ground is hard enough.
Alan627b

For once I don't mind hijacking the thread. Your description of the "beast" brings up a couple interesting points. First, at 75,000lbs., I always wondered how they got those machines from job to job, man that is heavy. Second, at 450 HP, I'll bet your Mopar has the HP beat with one engine tied around it's back. Just think of the dirt you could move with 2 fire-breathing Hemi's stuffed in there. As for the brilliant driving skills of the rice-burning public, my Bro has been driving a gravel train for the better part of 20 years and has given more than a couple of these rocket scientists the pincer move with the front bumper of the KW. Lets see... I think I can make it in front of this 70,000lb. fully loaded truck and shoot up the exit ramp!!! Oops, stop the car, I wanna get off!!! Serves them right!!! Still, I wouldn't mind taking that beast of yours up to 30mph though, I'd just be afraid to jackknife it. Keep em' safe and right side up, and have a Happy New Year!!! Geof

I don't like seeing Animals in stores, and at Car shows either,
nor roaming loose in the city.{too many vehicles, and people}

If I had 10 acres of land, I would love to have a nice old Mutt,or 2. :)

My neighbor who has a triple size lot, fenced in,
has 2 small/medum size dogs a spaniel and a terrier,
nice dogs, they don't bark super loud, and are happy to see me.

Someone they don't like, they sure do bark at though.

Happy New Year!!

Second, at 450 HP, I'll bet your Mopar has the HP beat with one engine tied around it's back. Just think of the dirt you could move with 2 fire-breathing Hemi's stuffed in there.

That 450 HP is likely at 2000 rpm (or less), at 2000 rpm that is equal to 1181 ft-lbs of torque (it would be more at a lower rpm). A couple of fire-breathing hemi's likely couldn't get the beast moving because they don't make enough torque at the operating rpm range of the scraper.

Abodjoe: We all wind up at the right place eventually, I suppose.

cosgig, hijack away.
Just be sure to let alan627b drive. He can probably handle anything.

Now now, I’m sure you have NEVER seen a man driving down the road in his truck/Hummer with a phone to his ear taken’ care of business.:roll:

Originally Posted by cosgig
Alan627b, I'd love to see her drive that beast on your avatar with poopsie on her lap and the phone glued to her ear. She was probably telling her caller friend all about the RUDE other driver's on the road, and how they have no respect for her, or poopsies obvious right to slobber all over her and her car!!! AGHHH!!! My new motto... SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!! Or better yet, just shut up!!! Geof

“The people who kill me are the ones who have animals running around in their cars. Driving down the street with a dog in their lap so it can stick it's head out the drivers window, like a lady I folllowed a few weeks ago,”

And THAT is not taking care of the animal. Causes dirt to impact in the nostrils.

I honestly don’t know if people get more upset about daring to question Wal-Mart’s, among other things, proven anti-competitive policies.
(And that to the point of stepping on workers. But it’s all about me you know)
Or that I took a small dog in my shirt somewhere that they might not be able to take Godzilla and affirm man-hood.
Sometimes it’s the tone of a question that elicits a given response.
Points don’t always get missed. Sometimes just ignored.
Proverbs 26 4,5
Saw two “surprises”, raised a surprise and “called” Sergeant Carter.
Common sense is the answer to the “difference”.
And just how often does one carry a 90-pound dog on his back?
Yea, I didn’t think so.
(Someone shall henceforth be known as “brokeback”.)
A parallel can be found in places that sell lodging.
Some people see the difference.
It’s reasonable.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06EEDD1038F937A3575BC0A9649C8B63

Three simple words: No Dogs Allowed. Let's break it down: "NO" means no. "DOGS" means any dog. "ALLOWED" means permitted inside the store. Like it or not. A private business has that right. Pointless to get angry about it.

Gotta love Wally World...
Sorry couldnt help it thought it was fitting...

After landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day.

Two hours into my first workday a unattractive, mean-acting, very loud woman walked into the store with her two brats, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?' The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to scream, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe you got laid twice. Have a good day , and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.
I wonder if Fred Meyers will hire me?

LOL. I dont belive that really happened. But that is a funny story.

Three simple words: No Dogs Allowed. Let's break it down: "NO" means no. "DOGS" means any dog. "ALLOWED" means permitted inside the store. Like it or not. A private business has that right. Pointless to get angry about it.

Thank you for cutting through the BS.
(Except is it no “Dogs” or no “Pets”? Some people don't consider Chihuahuas real dogs.)
So it's simple.
People don’t fall over dead from allergies when we go to Home Depot.
Like someone asked me, what’s so hard to understand?
I don't shop at The Abyss for many reasons.
Too numerous to list.
I could care less who they let in.
I went out get a tire tool and a sweater.
The puppy likes to tag a long. And because of size and temperament it’s doable.
(Chihuahuas are different, like people. Like it or not. I don't know that I would get "angry" if they let any dogs in. But that's just me. And common sense might not prevail.)
First stop, tire tool. Rather than leave her in the car while I went in to get a tool, I put all four pounds of her in my jacket. If I could kill two birds and get her a sweater while there, fine.
Now if one thinks something is wrong with that, they may want to consider if they are really a “dog person”. They may just be a MY dog person.
Or have some other kind of problem.
Don’t we all?

Picture 048 (Small).jpg

Picture 045 (Small).jpg

You let one in next thing you know some dumb ace brings his pit or rottie and people get hurt or dead, so thats simple.
Wallmart has killer deals on mopar atf4 and other oils, thats the only reason I would go there.

I honestly don’t know if people get more upset about daring to question Wal-Mart’s, among other things, proven anti-competitive policies.
(And that to the point of stepping on workers. But it’s all about me you know)
Or that I took a small dog in my shirt somewhere that they might not be able to take Godzilla and affirm man-hood.
Sometimes it’s the tone of a question that elicits a given response.
Points don’t always get missed. Sometimes just ignored.
Proverbs 26 4,5
Saw two “surprises”, raised a surprise and “called” Sergeant Carter.
Common sense is the answer to the “difference”.
And just how often does one carry a 90-pound dog on his back?
Yea, I didn’t think so.
(Someone shall henceforth be known as “brokeback”.)
A parallel can be found in places that sell lodging.
Some people see the difference.
It’s reasonable.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06EEDD1038F937A3575BC0A9649C8B63

What a bunch of jibberish!! After reading through this whole thread it's apparent you got caught doing something you weren't supposed to do (taking a dog into wal-mart) and instead of just admitting to yourself you broke the rules and getting over it you got angry and felt it was necessary to write up this thread condemming Wal-marts policies to overshadow the real subject which is you can't take a dog into Wal-mart. You mention some guys don't even consider a Chiuahah a dog but it is. Even it it wasn't it's still a pet and the rules state "NO DOGS OR PETS".

And concerning Proverbs 26: 4-5. Maybe you should look in the mirror because your taking statements from others here out of context to suit your needs which is to cover the facts that you broke the rules of no dogs or pets allowed in Wal-mart.

Concerning the article you provided the link to. It speaks of allowing dogs into co-op's. That has little to do with your original complaint that the Wal-mart giant should be avoided which is what your 1st post was titled. Here's a quote from your first post to refresh your memory.

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

This should boggle your mind!!
And scare you as well!

1.At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2 This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4.Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5.Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English

6.Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7.Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8.During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).

9.Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10.Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11.This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store.
(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12.90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart

13 Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street & The Auto

“Concerning the article you provided the link to. It speaks of allowing dogs into co-op's. That has little to do with your original complaint that the Wal-mart giant should be avoided which is what your 1st post was titled. Here's a quote from your first post to refresh your memory.”

Only if you take it out of context.

The Crusher seems to have been blessed with common sense.

I recently posted a heads up about a headlight switch problem.
(Duralast)
I don’t think it’s in Proverbs but someone once said that God takes care of fools and children.
A biased person might find this “fishy” and full of gibberish.
But it just happened.
I called Advance tonight. They will have to order a Borg Warner switch and of course since it is ordered I will have to prepay.
So that would be two trips out.
The day I left Wal Fart with Lilly Mae, I went to Advance and that’s were I found the specific tire tool I was looking for. "Surprise!"
(Not angry, more wondering at the laughableness of it.)
Someone who reads the “whole thread” with comprehending will find that part about looking for a specific tool that day.

Parts Man: “It has to be ordered, if you pay tonight, it will be here by 9 AM”.

Me: “I’m the fellow that comes in sometimes getting Mopar stuff. You might remember me with a Chihuahua. If you go ahead and order it, I will show up to get it”

Parts Man: “Oh yea. You told me about the ‘Is Wal-Mart Good For America’ link.
No problem. I’ll order it for you”.

I hope we don’t loose Advance. They closed up Pep-Boys this year.
Some might say that’s not much of a loss.
No one carried Marvel by the gallon except them.
Oh well, we still have Wal-Mart.
Right?

well well lets talk about advance did you know that the borg warner part is just a gp sorsen part rebxed selling to you at a borg price

Marvel by the gallon ..?? mystery oil ?? what would you need gallons of that stuff for? Hope we don't lose Advance ?? you hate Wal Mart but love Advance? You should go w/ NAPA.

Hear me w/ peaceable ears, I'm not arguing, I'm just quoting a couple things that don't make much sense on the defense of taking a dog into a store. I'm sure you must realize by now that you would have to boycott soooo many stores because of that rule that it would make your life miserable. You'd have a hard time grocery shopping for one thing. You don't like Wal-Mart, OK we get that. But your wrong to say they should let your special pet in w/ you because you say your pet is special and its ok.

Also - someone knowing you because you keep a little dog in your coat works, because your the only one doing it. Your the only one, for a reason. Everyone else knows their pets place.

The Holy Bible that your quoting also tells me to "Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, to show true humility toward all men." Titus 3:1-2

and another Proverb which is being proven by this thread is PROV 9:7-9 and if you pay close attention to verse 10 after that you will find what you need, to begin to be the wise man spoken about in verses 8 and 9. Once you make Christ your Lord then when you quote the Holy Bible it will have substance. Because then you would only use it in truth.

I like to cut up a bit and have fun, we all do. This thread has actually proven to be entertaining, so for that I thank you. Very few if any seem to agree w/ you, and I'm sure that hurts, and for that, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure your dog loves you very much. But what would that lil dog think of all the hate in your heart toward a store? or the compulsion to argue w/ everyone even when they are right?

whoah Man this post is turning out tooo long, I'll just stop here. Cheer up Man!!! and next time since you have to leave the dog in the car, buy her a new doggie toy to make up for it, they're all made in China anyways, so they're cheap!

I'd be happy to start another thread to "talk Cats" if anyone was offended by the skewing off topic I might have caused.
Sorry to throw this "off track".
alan627b

I don't have the torque specs on hand right now, but the real secret is tons of gear reduction! Yet, I've loaded dirt packed so hard I stalled both ends, that is to say...both engines wide open and not even a tire turning! Not recommended for long periods of time, it tends to PO the mechanics who have to fix a cooked transmission....sometimes flying these around is the only fun part of the job! S long as you know when to stay out of the rear throttle, jacknifing is a pretty rare occurence.
alan627b

-
Back