well as the story goes....shhhhh happens

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
working in Greenville nc today hauling off some dirt and broken stone look back I see a dot officer behind me ..I knew what was about to happen....blue lights dang..lady jumps out im going to weigh you today I knew I was in trouble then..she weigh me and tell me pull around the corner im going to do a full inspection...smh all is well with the inspection except 1 brake is 1/8th out of adjustment and my driver windshield has a crack she said if its in the book im going to shut you down...well im close but not there yet pass with a slap on the hand...now comes the bend over and take it with no grease part..your over weight by 17300lbs what the :banghead: I saw you you didn't have your drop axle down..i said I had just turned and its slow going down ..ok I understand but it wasn't down..i said it was down after I turned and you stop me it was down..well here is your ticket its a lot she said ..whats a lot 1140.00 dollars for over weight.... :axe::axe: man how can a working man make it in this world...she wouldn't take it that my axle was down cause she saw me while it was up..had just turned...so weighed me as a tandom axle truck not tri.....:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: every time you think things are getting better then you get a kick in the rear of life..just crazy......well my rant is over sorry for this crazy post but had to vent....:pukerigh::pukerigh::pukerigh::pukerigh::pukerigh:

Not good !! not good at all... on the bright side there could have been rocks on your bed ready to fall off, I bet she would have hit ya for another grand. But I know you keep that dun and safe, so sorry to see this for yea

****. The DOT in my state have been doing the sam type of things. Sometimes you don't stand a chance. Be over cautious and dot your eyes and cross your t's tmm

I suspect that discreetly passing her 25 used $20 bills would have gotten you off with a warning...

working in Greenville nc today hauling off some dirt and broken stone look back I see a dot officer behind me ..I knew what was about to happen....blue lights dang..lady jumps out im going to weigh you today I knew I was in trouble then..she weigh me and tell me pull around the corner im going to do a full inspection...smh all is well with the inspection except 1 brake is 1/8th out of adjustment and my driver windshield has a crack she said if its in the book im going to shut you down...well im close but not there yet pass with a slap on the hand...now comes the bend over and take it with no grease part..your over weight by 17300lbs what the I saw you you didn't have your drop axle down..i said I had just turned and its slow going down ..ok I understand but it wasn't down..i said it was down after I turned and you stop me it was down..well here is your ticket its a lot she said ..whats a lot 1140.00 dollars for over weight.... man how can a working man make it in this world...she wouldn't take it that my axle was down cause she saw me while it was up..had just turned...so weighed me as a tandom axle truck not tri..... every time you think things are getting better then you get a kick in the rear of life..just crazy......well my rant is over sorry for this crazy post but had to vent....

But it's all in the name of safety. Riiiiiiiight!

I have to deal with them in multiple states and that can be tedious at best.

I know a guy that had the very same thing happen to him, he was pulling out of a lot onto the road and had the axle up so as not to damage the truck or pavement. DOT cop saw him pull out, straighten up and drop his axle before moving down the road. He still got a ticket, best part is he fought it and won, no fine. The cop actually made him put the axle back up so he could weigh him!!

I would seriously fight that ticket as these idiot DOT cops need to use some friggin common sense.

lady jumps out im going to weigh you today I knew I was in trouble then..she weigh me and tell me pull around the corner im going to do a full inspection..

I think it was only fair to ask her, how much she weighed at this point. Oh and as for the full inspection I hope you had clean underwear!

In all seriousness, that really does suck. She could had went about it a different way.

-
Back