Well,here it is 8-3/4 finally home !!!

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
We picked it up yesterday from Suttons Engineering in La habra and after a fresh coat of Por-15 its ready for brakes but Im not quite sure what to get for it.

Can anybody tell me what year and model took 11 x 2 brake shoes.

thanks, Bob / Bryce

Attachments

• Photo736.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 357
AAR cuda's and T/A challengers used 11 inch rear brakes, but you will need the backing plates/ and drums to do this. Also there large bolt pattern.

Yea, its got the 11 inch backing plates and drums but not sure what year and model will fit.

Bob

I'm right next to La Habra, i'm going to go have to check Sutton's out that is beautiful!!! Nice man, ya every go to the friday night ruby's show? check out: socalcarculture.com Amazing shows listed!

Ok.

I went on Oreilly's home page and did a search and came up with a 1966 Dodge Polara that took 11x 2 shoes,does that sound right ? I beleive my drums are still good so I would just be getting new shoes and hardware.

Bob

The shoes measured out 2 inches across so I dont know what this rear end came out of. We picked it up at Junk yard in Pomona Ca.

Bob

Ok.

I went on Oreilly's home page and did a search and came up with a 1966 Dodge Polara that took 11x 2 shoes,does that sound right ? I beleive my drums are still good so I would just be getting new shoes and hardware.

Bob

let me look through my reciepts. my dart brakes are 11x2. i see if i can get you a part number.

So did Sutton Engineering shorten the 8.75 to fit in your A-body? If yes, what do they charge? I've got a B-body 8.75 I need to get shortened so I can run existing wheels and center them in the stock wheelwells.
Thanks!

hmmmm. clicked on the brake shoe buyers guide tab and this is what came up..

Chrysler Newport 1965 - 1966
Dodge 880 1965 - 1965
Dodge Monaco 1965 - 1967
Dodge Polara 1965 - 1967
Dodge Truck D100 1/2 Ton - Pickup 1966 - 1968
Dodge Truck D100 1/2 Ton - Pickup 1966 - 1968
Plymouth Fury I 1965 - 1966
Plymouth Fury II 1965 - 1966
Plymouth Fury III 1965 - 1966
Plymouth Sport Fury 1965 - 1966

O C,

Sutton shortened the housing ,checked out the 355 suregrip and installed ,
shorten and resplined the axles , supplied new perches and welded.New bearings also

They charged me 700.00 $ . It took about 3 weeks, Its a busy place

Bob

My dads rt challenger has the 11 inch brakes from the factory so that may help ya in your search.

Joe,

I checked with my local Napa, they had all in stock so I ordered them and will pick them up on my way home from work. Hopefully every thing works out. Ill post back and let you know

Thanks again , Bob

I believe the bigest brakes on the stock abodies was 10" . otherwise you would have switch the backing plates and need bigger drums for 11"..
abodies always had wimpy shoes in the rear . big in the front .
john

Hey John.

As you can see this an upgraded rear end, it was out of a c-body and it does have the bigger brake system on it

Bob

Mine came out of a 73 Dodge station wagon. I went to big bolt pattern axles, works great!

ohhhhhhhhh .. sorry bob . I didn't read the post correctly.. That would explain the 11" shoes. c-body
john

Well I picked up the parts from Napa and it was all correct, got it all home and was comparing the new shoes to the old ones. I actually have more meat on the old shoes than I do on the new ones. I think I'm gonna stick with the old ones and just scuff them up a little . I couldn't believe how cheap the new ones looked ,hardly worth it. Wheel cylinders and spring kits were right on.
Thanks Joe for the part #s.

Bob

-
Back