Well that sucked

-

bdusted440

Reaction score
Well that sucked just raced a 2017 hellcat charger the supercharge 392 and stayed side-by-side in my74 duster till 110 and then he walked away from me like I was tied to a stump . Don’t know if I should be happy or sad that my little 360 with a cam in good heads performed like that.Either way it’s definitely got to be faster.

It was a quarter-mile. He pulled two car lengths in the last 200 feet. Thinking about it I think I just plane ran out of gear .
Look at it this way, you stayed right beside each other for 1120 feet making the other guy wonder who was gonna beat who.

An N/A 360/3spd auto
Vs
A modern monster, more gear, more HP/Tq.

Ya did good, ya did good.

But you had him worried for 8- 12 seconds...bet it was fun right up until the anchor caught....

Well that sucked just raced a 2017 hellcat charger the supercharge 392 and stayed side-by-side in my74 duster till 110 and then he walked away from me like I was tied to a stump . Don’t know if I should be happy or sad that my little 360 with a cam in good heads performed like that.Either way it’s definitely got to be faster.

I've got a 64 thousand dollar question about the Charger.
MSRP: From $65,945
How much you got in your car? (Rhetorical)

Wow !! a 360 hanging with a super charged bad a$$ late model built car :thumbsup: I would say you smoked 'em , and if I had the Charger I would walk away with my head hung down :(... you did something right to get off the line and beat him to 150 feet :thumbsup:

???? "supercharge" 392? ????
The Hellcats have a 6.2L supercharged engine. The Scat pack and SRT 392 cars have the 6.4L/392 engine.

The man is trying to tell a racing story here and you bust in here with logic and facts. Knock it off!

Street race? Unmeasured quarter? I would have done the ***** thing and hit the brakes at around 800 feet.
Sometimes ya just gotta quit while you're ahead!

???? "supercharge" 392? ????
The Hellcats have a 6.2L supercharged engine. The Scat pack and SRT 392 cars have the 6.4L/392 engine.
Wait! You weren’t there and how do you know what is and what is not supercharged? Aside from factory offerings. Could have been after market parts .... :thumbsup:

I'd say awesome job, yeah he got you at the end but you hung with him and your na so that makes it even more a reason to hold your head up. Good job

I still prefer the old school "hang on to your hat" omph and styling, but ya gotta admit it - a lot of these new fangled muscle cars got juice!

Don't try to fly too close to the sun, a 50 year old Mopar that you worked on yourself to be able to hold it's own against the newest expensive product, no improvement is necessary.

Did the Hellcat have the traction control On or Off? And was it in "towing mode"? Jus funnin ya. I be watchin the Duster, not the twice doors twice. :thumbsup:

-
Back