Well the 2020 race season is over

-
Up here in the frozen tundra of Maine we got quite a lot of racing in this year, even with our tracks opening later than normal due to our dictator wannabe governor. Got a lot of runs in at both New Oxford Dragway and Winterport Dragway, both 1/8 tracks. After being out of racing for 24 years and just getting back in late in 2019 I needed all the hits I could get to sort out my Dart and get the driver up to par. And I rediscovered very quickly that I missed the racing family. When I showed up at Winterport for the first time last year their regular guys made a point of coming over to the trailer to welcome me and offer help. Even Northeast Mopar drag racing legend Steve Clukey helped me out with parts and advise. The same was the case at New Oxford which is only 40 minutes from my house. I've become good friends with the New Oxford owner. And it was a productive year as I got my Old Goat Dart from running 6.70s to 6.40 in the 1/8. Went rounds, made a few semi-finals. Needless to say the driver still needs a little work!
Also went to New England Dragway in NH in October for some 1/4 passes. Ran a one day memorial race that had almost 300 cars entered so that was a long day! Went 5 rounds before taking a snooze at the tree running against a 12 second chevy nova, but the result was my fastest 1/4 mile ET ever at 10.15.
Made in the 4.5 hour tow to Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY for their annual Mopars in the Valley event and as usual had a great time! Great track and even better people. The gentleman I bought my car from is a regular there and he and his racing friends are great to spend time with.
All in all it was a satisfying 2020 from my racing perspective, in spite of this damned virus that I refuse to live in fear of. Not going to do a lot to the car over the winter, hopeful to swap over the rear drum brakes to disc brakes and do some work on the cooling system by installing a CSR electric water pump that I picked up at a swap meet. After getting the performance of the car where it was suppose to be I'm leaving the engine and trans alone, except for routine maintenance. Hope everyone has a safe and productive off season and I can't wait for the 2021 season!

Up here in the frozen tundra of Maine we got quite a lot of racing in this year, even with our tracks opening later than normal due to our dictator wannabe governor. Got a lot of runs in at both New Oxford Dragway and Winterport Dragway, both 1/8 tracks. After being out of racing for 24 years and just getting back in late in 2019 I needed all the hits I could get to sort out my Dart and get the driver up to par. And I rediscovered very quickly that I missed the racing family. When I showed up at Winterport for the first time last year their regular guys made a point of coming over to the trailer to welcome me and offer help. Even Northeast Mopar drag racing legend Steve Clukey helped me out with parts and advise. The same was the case at New Oxford which is only 40 minutes from my house. I've become good friends with the New Oxford owner. And it was a productive year as I got my Old Goat Dart from running 6.70s to 6.40 in the 1/8. Went rounds, made a few semi-finals. Needless to say the driver still needs a little work!
Also went to New England Dragway in NH in October for some 1/4 passes. Ran a one day memorial race that had almost 300 cars entered so that was a long day! Went 5 rounds before taking a snooze at the tree running against a 12 second chevy nova, but the result was my fastest 1/4 mile ET ever at 10.15.
Made in the 4.5 hour tow to Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY for their annual Mopars in the Valley event and as usual had a great time! Great track and even better people. The gentleman I bought my car from is a regular there and he and his racing friends are great to spend time with.
All in all it was a satisfying 2020 from my racing perspective, in spite of this damned virus that I refuse to live in fear of. Not going to do a lot to the car over the winter, hopeful to swap over the rear drum brakes to disc brakes and do some work on the cooling system by installing a CSR electric water pump that I picked up at a swap meet. After getting the performance of the car where it was suppose to be I'm leaving the engine and trans alone, except for routine maintenance. Hope everyone has a safe and productive off season and I can't wait for the 2021 season!
That’s cool, I really like Maine been up a few times on vacation but only on the coast , what a beautiful state , the fact they have two tracks is even cooler

-
Back