Well the 2020 race season is over

-
And it's not even December yet, it's shaping up to be an interesting winter. :drama:

There's a certain physical condition you have to be in to race karts...
Kart racing was more physically demanding than road racing motorcycles for me. The g forces you pull while cornering just beat your hole body up along with them just being skittish. They are always darting one way or the other and if you don't don't stay on top of them you wind up in the pucker-bush..

Kart racing was more physically demanding than road racing motorcycles for me. The g forces you pull while cornering just beat your hole body up along with them just being skittish. They are always darting one way or the other and if you don't don't stay on top of them you wind up in the pucker-bush..
Yes incredibly physically demanding...
No suspension, and getting the frame to physically twist and get the rear inside tire to lift... The physically unfit need not apply..
When I talk to racers that race the whole Pacific Northwest they tell me our home track is the most physically demanding and technical around.. "if you can Master this track the others will be easy"...

Sorry to go back towards the topic..... but if the latest NV lockdown doesn’t spoil stuff (and I’m sure it will) I was also was looking at the race in December. I should just pull the plug on this year.... and pull all the wiring from the car.

Sorry to go back towards the topic..... but if the latest NV lockdown doesn’t spoil stuff (and I’m sure it will) I was also was looking at the race in December. I should just pull the plug on this year.... and pull all the wiring from the car.
I was just trying to keep the troops entertained until we could get back to the regular scheduled subject LOL...
I year was a bust...

My bad all, sorry for derailing the discussion.

One thing I've learned is that drag racing does not allow for mid race adjustments like road racing. If you make a mistake in road racing in a turn you have multiple times to make corrections, drag racing you have one shot. This is one of things I'm currently struggling with and once I have enough experience to ask a logical question I'll be asking you folks for advice. Thankfully, where I'm located, I will still get multiple chances to see what to see what I'm screwing up and hopefully over time get a clue.

I'm a firm believer that racing is the best evaluation of your testing. I will eventually need to just jump into racing and learn from there. Testing will only get you so far.

My bad all, sorry for derailing the discussion.

One thing I've learned is that drag racing does not allow for mid race adjustments like road racing. If you make a mistake in road racing in a turn you have multiple times to make corrections, drag racing you have one shot. This is one of things I'm currently struggling with and once I have enough experience to ask a logical question I'll be asking you folks for advice. Thankfully, where I'm located, I will still get multiple chances to see what to see what I'm screwing up and hopefully over time get a clue.

I'm a firm believer that racing is the best evaluation of your testing. I will eventually need to just jump into racing and learn from there. Testing will only get you so far.
Don't worry it's not like you were or I was derailing some highly technical thread where somebody needs advice on something important...
The 2020 race season was pretty much over before it began...

Don't worry it's not like you were or I was derailing some highly technical thread where somebody needs advice on something important...
The 2020 race season was pretty much over before it began...
Thanks, I have high hopes of sucking for the 2021 season as my maiden voyage into drag racing begins! LOL

Yep, have a bunch to learn and like every other form of racing I've gotten into it's a fun journery:p
I raced my duster for a good six years now and I've been slowly over the years getting tired of it.. I do plan on going to the local track for test and tune a few times this next year and hopefully I'll go to the Mopar Nationals and enter the stick shift class again... But for all the waiting around and all the expense for 4 to 8 passes throughout the course of a day is just becoming tiresome... Basically not enough action...

I raced my duster for a good six years now and I've been slowly over the years getting tired of it.. I do plan on going to the local track for test and tune a few times this next year and hopefully I'll go to the Mopar Nationals and enter the stick shift class again... But for all the waiting around and all the expense for 4 to 8 passes throughout the course of a day is just becoming tiresome... Basically not enough action...

Fully understand, I assume folks like John and A body only need one hit or two to have their stuff dialed in. For the rest of us it takes much more time, me especially, to make our rounds help. I'm lucky in that I'm just running at small local track that allows multiple runs during the day. It also helps that my son gets to help and ride, well until yesterday, for the day:lol: forgot to let off before the end of the run.

Welcome to a new style of racing:thumbsup:

Has anyone heard of the next season from their respective organizations and their plans even though it's a while off?

Fully understand, I assume folks like John and A body only need one hit or two to have their stuff dialed in. For the rest of us it takes much more time, me especially, to make our rounds help. I'm lucky in that I'm just running at small local track that allows multiple runs during the day. It also helps that my son gets to help and ride, well until yesterday, for the day:lol: forgot to let off before the end of the run.

Welcome to a new style of racing:thumbsup:

Has anyone heard of the next season from their respective organizations and their plans even though it's a while off?
I'm sure they had their trials and tribulations like all of us did when we first began. It takes some time to get experience.. no one pop out their mom knowing everything there is to know about drag racing.
The couple tracks around here put their schedules out just after the beginning of the year...

You guys that talk about the physical beating of cart racing have probably never gone to a four day big money race. You gotta do it to understand it. When you get up early Friday morning and unload your race car you are in for the possibility of 16 plus hours of racing with 400 plus cars. Because of entry cost and payouts most of the competition is mid to top caliper. When you go to sleep technically Saturday morning you get back up at 7am with no more time trials and start racing again for 16 plus hours. And then because you love it so much you do it again Sunday morning. On a year like this one it’s 90 plus degrees and high humidity in our area. Not in my case add in your 64 years old, some health issues, and because of Coronavirus let yourself really get out of shape because we didn’t think we were going to race this year. Now Sunday night you gotta drive 200 plus miles and unload your motorhome and race equipment. But you love it and come Thursday you may be heading off to another 3-4 day big money race.

You guys that talk about the physical beating of cart racing have probably never gone to a four day big money race. You gotta do it to understand it. When you get up early Friday morning and unload your race car you are in for the possibility of 16 plus hours of racing with 400 plus cars. Because of entry cost and payouts most of the competition is mid to top caliper. When you go to sleep technically Saturday morning you get back up at 7am with no more time trials and start racing again for 16 plus hours. And then because you love it so much you do it again Sunday morning. On a year like this one it’s 90 plus degrees and high humidity in our area. Not in my case add in your 64 years old, some health issues, and because of Coronavirus let yourself really get out of shape because we didn’t think we were going to race this year. Now Sunday night you gotta drive 200 plus miles and unload your motorhome and race equipment. But you love it and come Thursday you may be heading off to another 3-4 day big money race.
LOL.. your fat a$$ wouldn't last 7 laps in my kart...
What's that 6 seconds in the car and then back to the air condition motor home for an hour?... I would get the whole 11 seconds in the car LOL and then back to the motorhome for the air conditioning LOL...
There's a vast difference between exhausting and physically demanding...

LOL.. your fat a$$ wouldn't last 7 laps in my kart...
What's that 6 seconds in the car and then back to the air condition motor home for an hour?... I would get the whole 11 seconds in the car LOL and then back to the motorhome for the air conditioning LOL...
There's a vast difference between exhausting and physically demanding...

It would take me about five laps to lap your azz. You would be crying on meatballs shoulder.

When you get up early Friday morning and unload your race car you are in for the possibility of 16 plus hours of racing with 400 plus cars. Because of entry cost and payouts most of the competition is mid to top caliper. When you go to sleep technically Saturday morning you get back up at 7am with no more time trials and start racing again for 16 plus hours. And then because you love it so much you do it again Sunday morning. On a year like this one it’s 90 plus degrees and high humidity in our area. Not in my case add in your 64 years old, some health issues, and because of Coronavirus let yourself really get out of shape because we didn’t think we were going to race this year. Now Sunday night you gotta drive 200 plus miles and unload your motorhome and race equipment. But you love it and come Thursday you may be heading off to another 3-4 day big money race.
I've always and only been a "Test-n-tuner". I've entered Trophy when test and tune is forced to run with trophy. I've only used the track to get a "true" report card on my car. Friday nights are the big test and tune at the track, but I cannot make it. When I could go, I'd get 10 passes in no problem, more if I wanted. Now I'm there on Saturdays, with all the bracket racers, and I get called up by class. It's fun also. For the few times I go, it keeps it fun and affordable.

You would be surprised what this fat old man can do. With my Duster in my trailer and a full roll bar cage I can still climb in and out of my car window.
LOL.. try sitting on the ground and getting up without rolling over to one side lol..
Mind you I'm glad your still able to to what you love to do..

You would be surprised what this fat old man can do. With my Duster in my trailer and a full roll bar cage I can still climb in and out of my car window.
That is truly the worst part. I have toyed with the idea of cutting a access door in side of my race trailer right where door is, then I can crawl out more gracefully. Of course the only thing that stops me is pure laziness and envisioning the additional two feet to the ground I will plummet. I have also thought about affixing two handles up high on inside trailer wall. To help me in that awkward transitional point of getting legs over door sill. The fatter I get the more creative I become! Hah!

Only Jpar is tough enough or good enough to drive a cart. He says your too old, too fst, too far out of shape.

That right there is arrogance.

That is truly the worst part. I have toyed with the idea of cutting a access door in side of my race trailer right where door is, then I can crawl out more gracefully. Of course the only thing that stops me is pure laziness and envisioning the additional two feet to the ground I will plummet. I have also thought about affixing two handles up high on inside trailer wall. To help me in that awkward transitional point of getting legs over door sill. The fatter I get the more creative I become! Hah!
You need a escape hatch! In the car roof and the trailer! But then you will be 10' up and that would hurt a lot more when you land. :poke::lol:

-
Back