went to a car classic/muscle car show

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
sat in georgetown s.c. and i now own a steet rod 68 dart gt hummmmm????
seriously the old farts running the show,"mostly all corvettes" put my dart in the street rod class....good grief

LMAO, a '68 street rod, Forgive them, they dont know any better, they own vettes:toothy10:

into the show area some old guy gave you a #,thats what class you were in didnt think anything about it cause there were two 68 chargers,a 67 gtx,viper and a standard 09 orange challenger .i found out after the show when packing up a street rodder came up (34 suburban chevy ) and we we're hanging out until everybody left. the show was on a point system and with the exception of the viper and new challenger my car was smoaking clean and detailed to the maxx from bumber to bumper,engine to trunk,dash to deck lid. NOT even a sniff from the judges...however met a ton of good people talked a lot of car talk and a ton of people got to enjoy my ride,and thats the MAIN reason i take in these car shows.

Gotta love those vette guys.....

We share a common reason for going to car shows. I just love talking cars. It's in my blood. The ONLY reason I like the trophy aspect is for my business.

Vette guy's are just jelous because Mopars are worth more then there vette's when you comparing apple model's to apple model's. They started the numbers matching craze back in the day that we have adapted to.

At least your car was different then the rest MY68/GT. :-D

The 67 vette is a great looking car though.

I'm sure the ones you talked to were REALLY into the mopars too! When ABodyBetty and I go no one ever even talks to us, let alone looks at our cars, unless they speak mopars! After those few walk away we always know we just learned something new and probibly helped them with something too. I've always been at the fringes society and prefer to stay there anyway! You know like with Y'all!!!I just wish the parts were easier to find!
ABodyBetty brought me home a new Hemmings motor news for Fathers day and says "I like that car on the cover " and walks away............she hates chevys
It was painted like our "Baby" see avitar left...............it was a corvett, I'm not sayin notin! It's her B'Day!

what do you expect your avatar car to be labelled? Stock modified? Street modified? Street rod? All the same thing.

too?

IMG_0662.JPG

Most of the ones are starting to go to top 30 or top 50 points. Have only been to 1 that was Dodge Bros., early production Mopar 60-70, late production 70<?? etc... and that one you would have been disqualified for aftermarket rims!!
I think they are going to top few due to points system and calms people down more!!! LOL!:toothy10:

the last mopar show i went to had a vette class of their own... at a mopar show! wtf?

Easy on us guys that are car guys, I also have a 1999 Vette. 400 hp and 34mpg highway w/6spd:cheers:

I had Corvettes for 25 years, and I can tell you guys this... They don't hate Mopars the way you hate Vettes. I think maybe some of ya's are jealous.
I'll tell ya something else, I don't think any "group" of car guys hates another American brand more than Mopar guys hate Chevy's. I never saw anything like it, and it really kinda pisses me off if you want to know the truth.
Jesus Christ. Grow up.

My buddy has a 67, 427 single 4 barrel, 4 speed car. I love mopars as much as ( well almost) as much as the next guy but those things are badass. Any car you can shift from 1st right into 4th and have it pull like a damn freight train you gotta respect. Just my opinion...

I had Corvettes for 25 years, and I can tell you guys this... They don't hate Mopars the way you hate Vettes. I think maybe some of ya's are jealous.
I'll tell ya something else, I don't think any "group" of car guys hates another American brand more than Mopar guys hate Chevy's. I never saw anything like it, and it really kinda pisses me off if you want to know the truth.
Jesus Christ. Grow up.
Sorry man, just been burned too many times on chevys. I have also noticed at events and car shows dime a dozen due to new aftermarket parts available to them. I do suffer from fiberglass envy though, no rust!

I'll tell YOU something else too, I can smear a bunch of sterofoam on top of fiber & plastic with steel mixed in, BUT, it doesn't mean I would drink my dunkin coffee outa it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you guys touch my chebyies, I kilya,
Any u guyz put ya meet hooks inta my chebies, I kilya
Any o u homos want to touch me?, I kilya
Lighten up Francis!!:toothy10:

Don't loose you're sense of humor it's all we got left!!

Jesus Christ. Grow up.

I don't care if they hate Chevy's.I've been on here for years.It cracks me up.Most of them got nice cars though.

-
Back