went to the gun show

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
well so im broke and racing is a little expensive for me w/travel expenses and the car and everything I figured I should find something else to do also when I cant race. So i picked another American past time, Shooting !
Just messing around in the mountains and ranges. Bought a 12ga a while back but it isnt much fun to shoot over and over so I bought a .22 for plinking last time I went to buy more ammo. Local gun show came into town and I bought a scope/case/and rounds for it today. Wooohooo I like the feeling of spending money on myself haha.

Cool, I went to a gun show and got a picture of myself standing in front of a table full of AK-47's, and similar rifles while wearing a T-shirt that say's "Loophole" across the front and sent it to Nanci Pelosi's official email adress as well as Michael Bloomberg's.

Funny, I never got a reply.LOL.

My father in law bought me a Marlin Model 60 .22 rifle, when I first started dating my wife. It's a fun little all round piece and it's cheap to shoot to boot!!

Not my video, but here is an example of the fun you can have without spending a lot of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUybfh6DL8

What scope did you buy?

Very cool! I remember buying a "milk carton" of IIRC 250 .22's for about 2 bucks. Those days are long gone.

Now that I'm back on track with a job, I'll be needing my CWP and a new Ruger revolver... They used to offer a .45 Colt with a 3" barrel and birds head grip.

Nothing says "STOP" like looking down the barrel of a .45 :) Nothing is more reliable than a revolver either and no safeties to think about in a life or death situation.

For those that have many years of police and/or military experience, a semi-auto is great, but for me, I'm old school. I've never had a Ruger revolver fail to fire or jam. For that matter the Glock I had (.40 S&W compact, model 23?) never jammed either but I had a friend who could make it jam (ex-Navy) by limp wristing it. I told him it would never jam and sure as crap he said "watch this" and it stove piped.

my neightor had a 1930 sear side by side 12 gauge full choke no pad he use to laugh when we fell down arm hurt for a week. als

my neightor had a 1930 sear side by side 12 gauge full choke no pad he use to laugh when we fell down arm hurt for a week. als

LMAO! Great for home defense in a wood house with # 6 shot. 8) Won't penetrate walls but gets the point across and will take a persons face right off at close range. 00 buck will take the offenders head off or at least turn it into a canoe. :-D A .45 will do the same at close range.

Nothing says "STOP" like looking down the barrel of a .45 :)

Joe, another things that says "STOP" like nothing else is the sound of a 12-guage cycling in the dark!
One thing that says "TIME TO LEAVE" like no other is a round of barking from either our 92-pound Rhodesian Ridgeback or your Rotties!

there idea of gun control was after a few beer, was if you could hold the gun up to shoot it.lord the 70,s was great. als

Joe, another things that says "STOP" like nothing else is the sound of a 12-guage cycling in the dark!
One thing that says "TIME TO LEAVE" like no other is a round of barking from either our 92-pound Rhodesian Ridgeback or your Rotties!

Dogs are a great deterent! I was recently at a fellows house in "Cherry Hills" south of Denver. This is a neighborhood where all the x sports stars live. This guy had a contract with Cisco Systems to maintain his home network and no, I will not say who he is. Anyway, he had been robbed before and found he had been cased by proffesionals who sold thier info to jewel theives. A big part of thier deal is how many dogs they have and when they are there. He had a good sized black lab and he got robbed when he went to his 6 mo. appointment to the vet. A$$holes.... Obviously, they had him pegged and the whole reason the conversation came up at all is because I was talking dogs with him. He now has two dogs. :)

Now, if a Lab freaks out a proffesional thief, imagine what they'd think about a Rhodie or two Rotties? :-D

there idea of gun control was after a few beer, was if you could hold the gun up to shoot it.lord the 70,s was great. als

I gotta have a beer with you some day. :)

Cool, I went to a gun show and got a picture of myself standing in front of a table full of AK-47's, and similar rifles while wearing a T-shirt that say's "Loophole" across the front and sent it to Nanci Pelosi's official email adress as well as Michael Bloomberg's.

Funny, I never got a reply.LOL.

I still want to get ahold of an AK before they become impossible to find...or afford. Not a really accurate gun but they can go through mud, sand or snow and still fire. I would like to get ahold of a Russian or Egyptian.

Also been looking more and more at AR-15's but they cost a bit more.

My latest toy is a Ruger 10/22 Im going to modify for my small game, folding stock, bull barrel, different sight, ect....

Ive also got a Marlin "35 Remington", 20 gauge Remington, HP 9mm, and my first gun, a Savage .22 bolt action.

1897 marlin .22 just like the 100 year anniversary model they made in 1997 but mine was made in 1905 checkered pistol grip stock half octagon barrel 1/2 length magazine I want to pick up a model 39 next

My latest toy is a Ruger 10/22 Im going to modify for my small game, folding stock, bull barrel, different sight, ect....

Ive also got a Marlin "35 Remington", 20 gauge Remington, HP 9mm, and my first gun, a Savage .22 bolt action.

I've had a 10/22 since I was 16. Great rifle. Honestly, leave it alone and spend your money on finding ammo that shoots well and feeds well with it. The only mods I made was a quick mag release and a good (Leupold) scope. I can hit a dime 3 times in a row at 50 yds. with the right ammo.

I had a Marlin in .35 Rem too and they pack a serious wallop at close range, more so at 100-150 yards than a 30-30. Great rifle!

I had a Marlin in .35 Rem too and they pack a serious wallop at close range, more so at 100-150 yards than a 30-30. Great rifle!

For sure, I bought mine from my dad, he bought it new when he was a kid in the early 60's, he only put three boxes of shells through it since he was always busy. Very solid gun, and yes :) leaves quite a hole in whatever your aiming at, good brush gun.

I still want to get ahold of an AK before they become impossible to find...or afford. Not a really accurate gun but they can go through mud, sand or snow and still fire. I would like to get ahold of a Russian or Egyptian.

Mac 90 about the same, cheap

I had a full octagon 28" long barrel Marlin in .45-70 that held 9 in the under barrel mag and one in the chamber. I handloadled that sucker almost to the point of a .458 Win. Mag and it never broke, bulged or otherwise malfunctioned.

Granted, it got real, real hot after throwing 10 shots in quick succesion of handloads. That's not the rifles fault though, lol. :)

Nothing like lobbing 450 grains of lead almost a half mile and taking out small bushes on the Colorado foothills once I got the Vernier tang sight right. I felt like an old buffalo hunter. :)

mac 90, same, just semi-auto

I myself recently got into guns about 4 months ago. I mysself own a remmington 870 super mag express 12 gauge. A heritage .22 single action revovler (very nice gun for less than $200 bones) Also have a ruger gp-100 .357 revolver with a six inch barrel, very nice gun its a double action, you can hunt with it, and after taxes it only cost me $435 brand new.

-
Back