We're Under Attack!

-

Daves69

Reaction score
And I know the culprits as I've seen one fleeing the scene!
At least 5 different vehicles in our half of the block have been vandalized in the last few months, my Ram included, rendering all 5 disabled.
My neighbor both of his damaged, one a Lexus, the other a Honda.
The latest attack was a repeat on the next door neighbor's Honda. Undeniable evidence confirms at least one villain. See picture below.

Neighbor's Honda this afternoon.......................

Squirrel.jpg

I can confirm that the vermin in question is the culprit. I can't tell you how many times I catch those buggers running out from under the hood of my Ford truck.
They fill the air filter box so full of nuts and shells that the truck won't run properly. I have to pull over and dump out the shells every time I use it.
Cute and destructive....just like a lot of women.

The coyote(s) seem to have rid the area of strays. Something ate half of a neighbors a while back that used to have free reign. Tried some spray, wasted that money.
best spray against coyotes is 00 buckshot

And now a fifth time within the last year. They love the truck I guess. In the shop for fuel supply line and fuel vapor tube. Comprehensive insurance covering this one again.

SQuirrel2330.jpg

And now a nest above the spare........
SQuirrel1955.jpg

They get kicks out of eat spark plug wires and piling up the pieces on top of my battery just to piss me off :mad::elmer:

Hellcat got chewed by rodents last week. 300 dollar repair. Chewed the wiring to outside temp sender. Had no climate controls. My insurance does not cover rodent damage, specificaly mentioned.

Try using fabric softener strips put them under your dash under your seats in your trunk under the hood in the fenderwells by the wiring you don't want to be chewed. I use them in my motorhome to keep the rodents out works pretty good.

I'm not sure about squirrels, but TOMCAT mice killer is top notch for rats and mice. I used just 2 of the green food bars broken up around their "areas" and within a few days, they were gonners.
I tried bleach and water mix sprayed, vinegar sprayed and mothballs during a 2 month timeframe with no effects. I only resorted to killing them when they raided a bird nest in my shop and ate 2 baby birds.

Moth balls in a sock tied under hood.
A product called fresh cab sold in farm supply stores.
Had rodent build a nest on top of a fabric softener sheet in my truck.
Irish spring soap is supposed to work too. Havent tried it.
Havent heard much about ultrasonic deterrents, too bad they dont make a 12 volt one.

Worst thing, one day one of them little buggers may cause a fire....

-
Back