Westside German Shepherd Rescue!

-
He may look like the "junkyard dog" and with the state of my cars, he certainly could fit the junkyard part, but he's so gentle and well-tempered that he is a perfect unguard dog lol. But since he's been with us, the number of people dropping by asking whether the old cars are for sale has certainly dropped off!

We got him at one year old, as the previous owner also didn't realize "He would get so big". How stupid, his dad was 140lbs.

Agree memike about Franz. I'd smuggle him across the border in a heartbeat.

Grant

Geez, Ramcharger, enough already:stop:.

Now you've gone and made me apply for approval. It may be logistically impossible for me to adopt/rescue one of these dogs, but better to be able to than not. Our local GSD rescue doesn't have many available, and what they have is a little too old for me.

While I was filling in the questionnaire, my wife called to inform me that our eldest, Prince, had had another seizure. I sure hope he can handle it, it's been over six weeks since the last one. It usually takes a couple or three hours for him to return to normal.

We'll wait and see what Westside decides about our location and suitability.

Fingers crossed.

Geez, Ramcharger, enough already:stop:.

Now you've gone and made me apply for approval. It may be logistically impossible for me to adopt/rescue one of these dogs, but better to be able to than not. Our local GSD rescue doesn't have many available, and what they have is a little too old for me.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
That is so great to hear! Thank you soooo much!! I feel like I've actually helped someone and a GSD today!

While I was filling in the questionnaire, my wife called to inform me that our eldest, Prince, had had another seizure. I sure hope he can handle it, it's been over six weeks since the last one. It usually takes a couple or three hours for him to return to normal.

We'll wait and see what Westside decides about our location and suitability.

Fingers crossed.

I'm so sorry to hear about Prince. I'm hoping for the best for him. :sad5::sad5: I remember when I lost my first GSD, Rocky, to cancer.

Keep us informed and let us know what Westside says. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

redfastback: thanks for taking care of the Pits! We've had Alice for 15 years now, pit/yellow lab mix, and I'd get another in a heartbeat. She came from the Oakland SPCA. We also rescued a Pit mix who I think had been a bait dog- deep bite wounds on her neck and hind quarters- when she wandered into our yard in North Oakland, and is the sweetest dog.

Peter

Got my Storm from Westside....he left me after only a few months (so sick), but was incredibly cool!! storm&me-10-16-05.JPG

storm&me-10-16-05.JPG

Had to post a pic of my boy he is pure GSD 1 1/2 years old he was 8 wks when I brought him home

Got my Storm from Westside....he left me after only a few months (so sick), but was incredibly cool!!View attachment 36086

Linda,

It takes a special person to take in a dog that they know will leave this world so soon. You are awesome!

Joe

Had to post a pic of my boy he is pure GSD 1 1/2 years old he was 8 wks when I brought him home

Good looking GSD!

Linda,

Maxi says hi!

web maxi.JPG

It hit 99 digress here in North east Arkansas today ramcharger !!
I let the big boy inside to relax and cool down.:love7:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 022.jpg

He looks happy to be inside on the nice, cool floor! It hit a 100 yesterday and was 90+ today. Going to be 90+ all week too. At least the humidity is low here, it must be brutal there in Arkansas.

Thanks for the kind words....how could I NOT give him a chance?

BTW--beautiful Rottie!

Thanks for the kind words....how could I NOT give him a chance?

BTW--beautiful Rottie!

Thank you! :)

I was told that she was a mix at the rescue as she has white stripe on her lower belly/chest and is small for a Rottie at 65 Lbs. She is one quick powerful dog though.... Smart, but stubborn as well. She is unique, lol! I was was thinking about getting one of those doggie DNA tests on her some day.

Ramcharger:

Did anyone adopt Ms. Airplane, Ginger, Franz, et al??? Just curious.

Ray

Hey Ray,

Ms. Airplane, Ginger and Franz have all been adopted. Amigo is still awaiting a pack leader. He's a stunning dog and I can't believe he's still there. He just has such an intelligent, regal look about him. Here he is:

amigo20von20amsterdam20new20face203.jpg

He looks like he should be guarding an old german or austrian castle. If there was some way I could know for sure that him and Maxi would get along and I had my new place, he'd be mine.

amigo20von20amsterdam20new20face.jpg

Ray,

If you ever want to keep up with these guys, read thier stories and see if they've been adopted, just click here: http://www.sheprescue.org/index.htm

-
Back