What a Wakeup !

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
I'm not an overly religous person and one surely not to push it, but I found this interesting and very correct on how "our" times have changed!!

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?. ..

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96
Bethel, Alaska 2/19/97
Pearl, Mississippi 10/1/97
West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97
Stamp, Arkansas 12/15/97
Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98
Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98
Fayetteville, Tennessee 5/19/98
Springfield, Oregon 5/21/98
Richmond, Virginia 6/15/98
Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99
Taber, Alberta, Canada 5/28/99
Conyers, Georgia 5/20/99
Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma 12/6/99
Santee, California 3/ 5/01
El Cajon, California 3/22/01 and

Blacksburg, VA 4/16/07 ?

Sincerely,

Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:
Sorry,

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see,
I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained
She didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK.

------------------

Then, someone said you better not:

Read the Bible in school;
the Bible that says
"thou shalt not kill,
Thou shalt not steal,
And love your neighbors as yourself,"

And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said
We shouldn't spank our children
When they misbehaved
Because their little personalities
Would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem.

And we said,
An expert should know what he's talking about
So we won't spank them anymore..

------------------

Then someone said
Teachers and principals better not
Discipline our children when they misbehave.
And the school administrators said
No faculty member in this school
Better touch a student when they misbehave
Because we don't want any bad publicity,
And we surely don't want to be sued.

And we accepted their reasoning...

------------------

Then someone said,
let's let our daughters have abortions if they want,
And they won't even have to tell their parents.

And we said, that's a grand idea.

------------------

Then some wise school board member said,
Since boys will be boys
And they're going to do it anyway,
let's give our sons all the condoms they want,
So they can have all the fun they desire,
And we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school.

And we said, that's another great idea...

------------------

Then some of our top elected officials said
It doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs.

And we said,
It doesn't matter what anybody, including the President,
Does in private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good....

------------------

And someone else took that appreciation a step further
And published pictures of nude children
And then stepped further still by
Making them available on the Internet.

And we said, everyone's entitled to free speech....

------------------

And the entertainment industry said,
let's make TV shows and movies that promote
Profanity, violence and illicit sex...
And let's record music that encourages
Rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes...

And we said,
it's just entertainment
And it has no adverse effect
And nobody takes it seriously anyway,
So go right ahead.

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves
Why our children have no conscience,
Why they don't know right from wrong,
And why it doesn't bother them to
Kill strangers, classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly,
If we thought about it long and hard enough,
We could figure it out.
I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...

"WE REAP WHAT WE SOW"

------------------

Why is it our children can not read a Bible in school, but can in Prison.

Well said and and the truth. Thanks Jimmy boy Treva and I enjoyed it very much.
Amen.

Amen! Society has gone to **** when it comes to raising children. Both parents have to work to make a decent living. Schools are constantly reminding children to report any kind of physical punishment.....even if the child needed a good *** whoopin:) I just don't understand how this country got so f'ed up in such a short time. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, But we gotta turn this around.

There's lots of really good points in that post that I totally agree with.
Last night on TV they were saying how the prisons were so over populated that they need even more tax dollars to help. I just love paying taxes to help support people that can't follow simple rules of life.

I agree with you 100% Jimmy Boy........the USA is digging it's own grave because God was taken out of most everything these days.
I can remember when I was in school......way back.... :scratch: that we didn't have any problems with having prayer in school and when it came time for a 'whooping' for doing something wrong in class or at home, I knew that I'd have to 'bend over and grab my ankles' :wack: NOW........you mention prayer or bible in school or in a public place and everyone looks at you as some kind of :wack: . I didn't turn out too bad........(my opinion :glasses5: ) to turn this country around would be a major undertaking to say the least. The woman [o'hare] that got this all accomplished, I think is now dead.......probably burning :angry4: :evil2: in h~~l. When I heard of the tragedy here in Blacksburg, Va..... the first thing I thought of was that woman caused this way back when.........and really (if she were living) would be more blood on her head.
Anyway, putting prayer and God back into the schools and in public places should be done immediately to stop this kind of hatred. It will take some time to finally see results. By the way, even if prayer and God was put back into schools and public places and didn't work...........take it back out......... I say give it a try!!!! It might save a kids life!! :headbang:
Isn't that worth trying???!?!?! :cheers:

That's my 2 cents worth and will get off my soap box now.
Someone else can take over where I left off.

Save our kids and put God back into the USA!! :headbang:
Greg.............from Virginia

63dartman said:
Amen! Society has gone to **** when it comes to raising children. Both parents have to work to make a decent living. Schools are constantly reminding children to report any kind of physical punishment.....even if the child needed a good *** whoopin:) I just don't understand how this country got so f'ed up in such a short time. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, But we gotta turn this around.

aint gonna happen. its only going to get worse. read the Book of Revelation. take a look at the big picture, at history, and you can see its all true. day by day we tend not to see, but the little things add up.

and then the lord said, "let there be hemis". no really, i totally agree. with guys. im all for having prayer and god in schools. i think it would get all on the right path.

There is an overwhelming concern with "political correctness" these days, so with a diverse culture you have to represent all religions which is impractical at best. The Seattle airport had to take down it's Christmas trees last year because of a complaint by someone of the Jewish faith as I recall. In an effort to not offend a minority we chose to offend the majority :wack: You don't have to be religious to appreciate the message, what harm comes from that?

And just like that the blame game starts all over. Its not my fault my kids didn't grow up right. Blame the government (I elected) for taking religion out of the schools (it would be terrible to have to teach it at home or church).
I agree that more and more children are growing up without disapline ar respect. But what happened to parents being responsable for their children.
More people need to sit back and stop being so closed minded, on both sides. Take responsability for your actions. Grow a thicker skin. Its not video games, movies, or Elvis and his "ROCK AND ROLL" music that is turning kids into killers.
Just my opinion.

sweatybetty said:
aint gonna happen. its only going to get worse. read the Book of Revelation. take a look at the big picture, at history, and you can see its all true. day by day we tend not to see, but the little things add up.

I see your point sweetbetty...Like I said, I'm not "overly" religous however, if the future is layed out and that's the big picture of things to come then there's nothing we can do to change it. Ya know I was far from a perfect kid but sure got "my" licks as a kid and often gounded to the yard for weeks at a time. But, I always had the respect. "Most" but not all kids have so much electronic "****" these days they don't have time for anything else or care to!

Now a days...If ya see a few kids walking down the street that look like their up to no good...stop the car, get out and give them a kick in the ***......because ya know their headed for trouble or returning from it. LOL

Funny, I remember back twenty years ago when my son...3 or 4 ripped his hand out from mine to out race another kid to the corner and push the cross button. He darted so quick and didn't stop when I yelled. It happened so quick I just freaked he was going to run out onto the road, I gave him a spank (not a beating) right there on the spot for "not" stopping. A lady seen me...stopped her car and gave me the riot act! She told me how wrong I was, that I could loose my son, that I was a bad parent, blah-blah. Bet she never had her own kids!
As far as I'm conserned, the only rights "children" should have are the rights "good" parents give them. There must be nothing worse then some snotty kid of ten tell a good parent "It's my right" after the mother or father said "NO"
Retired and waisting wind...LOL

My kid said something about CPS once. I told him I would dial the number if he would like. Then asked if he thought about where he may be going to live. Some foster parents are a kids worst nightmare, with state approval.

NEXT SCHOOL YEAR DO YOUR PART. Good News Club is over for the year as of today, here. Maybe it could last a little longer in other schools. Our Church works in 4 schools, and many schools in Houston are begging for people to come in and help. Houston isn't the only place it works either!!! Check it out. Help.

http://www.cefonline.com/ministries/goodnews.php

A little old lady in our Church went to a school near her house and started reading The Bible to the kids there. Now she has a room that was given to her and they welcome her every day she goes. All it took was going to the Principal and asking permission. Better now than waitting til they get to Prision.

even if prayer and God was put back into schools and public places and didn't work...........take it back out......... I say give it a try!!!! It might save a kids life!!
Isn't that worth trying???!?!?!

I agree with that totally. I also believe give God a try what have you got to lose.

I firmly believe that every parent should parent. Every parent has there own way. You might not like it nor I. But when an appointed person sees this in their own one way view it all goes to chit. Our kids are told over and over that if anyone does anything that they don't like to report them. So you get kids that turn in their parents for punishing them. The parent is scrutinized by the appointed people and must prove themselves innocent. But they will hear none of the reasoning behind why the child was being punished. They firmly believe that we should be our kids best of best friends, not a parent, but an equal. This in my opinion in completely incorrect. I see how the "fear" way works. It has worked for centuries on children and adults. Either "fear" of religious, or social reprimand, outcasting, physical abuse, mental abuse, being singled out and blame placed upon. I see gov't and organized religion both as a commercial business. With their hierarchy and controls. To many people worry about what everyone else is doing. And pointing out what they don't like. I have seen religion, and political views pull families apart, and to me it doesn't work. That is my choice. But if you are happy that is fine with me. Don't bring it to my house. But in the same respect if I was to come to your house I would respect your own personal views. Regardless to treat others the same way as being treated by them. I know I'm jumping around from here to here in my writing but this get's me riled up.

-
Back