What are the best convertors? PTC, B&M, Dynamic, Turbo action

-
I have used Coan, Dynamic & Turbo Action.
Not a bad one in the bunch.
Customer service has been great at all 3 of them.
Call any of them & give them your specs & they will build to satisfy.

Be prepared to spend some money to get what you want.
A 200.00 convertor isn't going to cut it.

i have had great luck with ATI. mike is right, a $200 B&M won't give you what you need....be prepared to spend some money, but it'll be very worth it to tie your combo together.

I bought one from Dynamic. I called and he asked about everything from motor to transmission to rear end to the body style to useage. They built me a 9 in for a 904 to go behind a 340. He said my wife could drive it like a grandma car but look out when she steps on it. Great customer service!

Ultimate Converter best out there..give Lenny a call he'll build ya' exactely what you need and it'll do just what he says..

I've used PTC with real good results. All the mfg's you mentioned build decent converters. To say one is the best is hard to prove because your not always comparing apples to apples. As mentioned, a real good converter isn't cheap so don't expect any $200 off the shelf converter to give you optimum performance. My recommendation is to call and talk to the different companies and get pricing. Personally I have had such good luck with PTC I don't call others. They build a great converter at an affordable price

In Canada, T.C.S. in Langley, B.C. 1-800-960-1177 ask for Paul or Steve.
Their website www.tcsproducts.com., converters plus transmission hard parts they make.
Converters come with a warranty, something few others do. Very good guys to deal with and Paul at one time owned a high performance engine shop, plus he is or was a crew chief on a Pro Mod car. The owner of T.C.S. runs a BA/A Pontiac with a pro-stock motor backed up by a 904. All converters are built in house, other than furnace brazing, they don't farm out anything. When checking out various converter builders find out what they build in house, and what they farm out to others.

With the Canadian dollar valued at 80 cents U.S. you'll save money too.

what about the rebuild factory high stalls ?
I understand it is not up there with the custom build ones but how does it fall as an intermediate solution ?
(or just as an affordable one)

-
Back