What are these from?(fenders)

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I got a set of fenders with my scamp. Im trying to figure out exactly what they are. I havent seen any with sunk in side marker lights. Looking for year and model please. They do look MOPAR.

fender2.jpg

fender.jpg

Well I have a 72 scamp I just bought and the side marker lights arnt sunk in. I have to say I do like the sunk in look of them but dont think they will fit my scamp.

Ok let me qualify that with, it was the last year I know of in the case of Dusters. If you read the story, Jimmy's 72 had inset lights.I personally like the insets much more than the bolt ons.
Andrew.

Those fenders will fit the only difference I know of from 70/71 to the 72 fenders is just the marker light. If you have them and you need fenders I would use them. You also have work to do on your quarters right? Then get the rears from a donor car and put them in to. If nobody has any I can get you a set from this junkyard by me they have several. I have thought about that myself with my 72 Duster.

'70-'71 Valiant, Duster or '71 Scamp.
They aren't Darts because Darts used the more tapered wheel openings.

Mark.
He's definitely right, also the shape of the wheel lip is different alltogether on a dart. The '69 valiant had a smaller rectangular hole for the reflector about 1/4" smaller all around.
I know this because i have a '69 valiant 2 door that i'm fixing up and i have compared several fenders from different years. I ended up using one off a '73 valiant 4 door, and cutting out the surface mount reflector/light hole and grafting in a correct '69 reflector and flanged piece in it's place.
What i now know for sure the differences between '67-'76 valiants/dusters are:
'67- no marker light or reflector
'68- round marker light
'69- smaller rectangular reflector, no light
'70 and '71- larger rectangular marker light and reflector (same as the ones in the pictures above)
'72 to '76- plastic rectangular marker light/reflector that is surface mounted and sticks out from the fender.
There are some other differences like headlight buckets and tabs that the grille mount to as well, not hard to change or modify though.
Dart fenders are totally different.
Also, noteworthy is the '69-'71 lights/reflectors are mounted to a bezel that is attached to the inside of the fender and the hole it sits in is flanged so the bezel sits flush to the surface of the fender.
Good luck,i hope this helps you. :cheers:
Tom.

-
Back