what are we using for file sharing sites?

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I was using Limewire and they got the hook.So now I'm looking for alternatives.What you folks using? 8)

Vuze.com

Just remember that you need to remove the files from the sharing folder or in the case of Vuze it will put them in a folder named "Azureus Downloads". If you leave them in there you will be "seeding" them and that is when you get a letter in the mail from your ISP telling you to stop or they will cancel your service. They don't get you for downloading they get you for making it available.

Limewire was crap when it came out and it was crap when it died!

Don't use piratebay.org, keep watching http://www.demonoid.com/ for invites to become open and use it. its the same as piratebay but is a semi private tracker and its safer or watch funfile.org which is a private tracker and you won't have to worry a whole lot about getting those silly letters about downloading/uploading

Yeah, pretty much just if you use Windows are you at risk. No matter what though, using some common sense and street smarts is a good idea. And strong virus protection on Windows of course, along with common sense and you're still usually okay.

Use frostwire it is the same as limewire with just a few changes in the code. As with any Windows install use a good antivirus and watch what you click on.

I don't condone file sharing (official disclaimer). However, if you are going to do it, you can set up a virtual machine for the sharing. Copy the files to the host, or to an external drive. When that system becomes infected, snap back to the previous version.

You can call it whatever you want but "file sharing" is still stealing and violating copyright laws.

-
Back