What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
85850597-0088-4A34-88BA-214F68A843E0.jpeg
73D7BA62-B841-4C2B-A8D8-61964EA6FE65.jpeg
642D9FD2-3800-486D-B1D4-0BA306FB58F2.jpeg
Well my battery hold down broke so I ordered a correct repop. So bungie cord for now to hold it hahaha
Changed out the plug wires and added some heat protection sleeves. I’ve always had good luck with summit racing brand of 8mm wires plus the price is right.
The old MSD wires used to be blue believe it or not and we’re just old.
And...discovered a pinhole in the top of my radiator tank. That will have to wait until Saturday. Any suggestions on proper repair?

Just drain a couple quarts of coolant out of the radiator so the fluid level is down to the core. Then resolder the pin hole at the top of the top tank. Clean area, heat with torch, use some flux to clean the metal and accept the new solder, then resolder to fill the pinhole.

Went cruising in my 69 Slickback, for a while, then storms started forming, so I took it home. Hasn't been in rain in over 30 years. I like it that way.
Dave

20180630_164956.jpg

Last edited:
Found the source of my coolant drip. Doh. Didn’t clamp the heater core caps.

Installed the new Mopar performance valve cover gaskets. Hope they are worth it $$$.

F9EE587C-B04D-4A3A-BC03-2129AA785101.jpeg

Found out that my oil breather cap is downright disgusting. Even after soaking and cleaning it out with degreaser. 5o plus years of grime. Time for a new repop oil breather cap.

Cleaned up garage. Plus gathered up a bunch of stuff to put for sale.

Found the source of my coolant drip. Doh. Didn’t clamp the heater core caps.

Installed the new Mopar performance valve cover gaskets. Hope they are worth it $$$.

View attachment 1715358967

Found out that my oil breather cap is downright disgusting. Even after soaking and cleaning it out with degreaser. 5o plus years of grime. Time for a new repop oil breather cap.

Cleaned up garage. Plus gathered up a bunch of stuff to put for sale.

Today, I`m putting the coil over shocks back in w/ the new shock spacers I machined out of the "too long ones" I bought from mag. force.
Seems to me they will sell u anything , even when they know it wont work , at least they should have known.

Almost ready to fire up the transplant, need to install the carb and distributor, but all else is hooked up and ready!

99BBE45B-BD1A-4AAC-949E-4AB38ED7713F.jpeg

98D801F5-663B-4E47-ABC3-F10686B08598.jpeg

Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy, Spring is in the air, it's going be an uplifting pleasure for the Dart. Got the new leafs and hardware from “ESPO”, very pleased. The hardware looked and fit like new old stock and it increased the ride height a good 1 1/2”. It felt really good to have a wrench in my hands for a change instead of dreaded sanding block. lol

IMG_3552.JPG

Nothing special, I'm working a short day today so I drove it in to work and parked it in plain view. A guy is supposed to bring his B-Body convertible by today with the electric dumps
open so I can check out his car. His dad bought it new and now he owns it. He wants to see my Barracuda and I'm looking forward to seeing his 440 magnum B-body!

Nothing special, I'm working a short day today so I drove it in to work and parked it in plain view. A guy is supposed to bring his B-Body convertible by today with the electric dumps
open so I can check out his car. His dad bought it new and now he owns it. He wants to see my Barracuda and I'm looking forward to seeing his 440 magnum B-body!

7ADB10C3-8186-4B1D-BEFC-8143A16C1B11.jpeg

7FFF70E0-0189-4B66-BD6D-819DA59DA124.jpeg

Me on the left, Jerry on the right. 70 coronet RT convertible 440 magnum.

Here is the '78 D100 I bought brand new back in the day and owned for many many years. Has been sold 20 years ago but have seen it at Mopars in the Park and the body is still just as good as the day I owned it.

New owner dropped it, put dog dish steelies on it, with a new generation V8, changed out the nice diamond tucked seat I had in it with one out of a caddlilac.

Kind of pains me to see it now as It looked much much better the way it was when I owned it.

78 D100.jpg

Busy day. Spent the AM working on the window regulator on our '01 Caravan.. yeah, we're not going there.
After that frustration, figured it was some time to do stuff I wanted to do. Got the engine/trans yanked. Wouldn't come out.. first was trans fill tube hung up on the header.. couldn't get that tube out for my life. Finally got the pass header out after a bunch of jukin around. Still won't come out.. forgot to unhook the starter cables.. doh!
Now to see if it's a 340 like I was told.. have my doubts, think it's a teener. All good either way.
Feels good to wrench on a car that's not all electronics!

IMGP7019_res.jpg

Loaded the fish in the trailer and ready to haul to Carlisle on Wednesday early. 11 hours straight through but 2 drivers. Looking forward to the trip!

Finally got my e brake cable in.Wasnt looking forward to getting it through the frame connector but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

IMG_2391.JPG

Took the 'Cuda out for a fun little Sunday morning drive......ended up at the local doughnut/coffee place where a small group of car guys meet Sunday mornings. ....

There was a 67 Fastback Cuda...an old Stingray. ..assorted other cool metal. ....
But what really caught my eye was a cool azz V8 Pinto..... 302 stroked to 347.....I never see those any more!

Fun drive...nice people and cool cars - great morning!

Jeff

It's first time in probably a year or so since I put wrenches on her..... Fitting the K member and modding it for the schumacher mounts. I am impressed and have to say it's nice stuff.... Next up is a header battle on the drivers side and then test fit the motor in the car with the Hydroboost to see how bent my ruler is in regards to my SWAG fitment lol.....

JW

Image1930241883.jpg

It's first time in probably a year or so since I put wrenches on her..... Fitting the K member and modding it for the schumacher mounts. I am impressed and have to say it's nice stuff.... Next up is a header battle on the drivers side and then test fit the motor in the car with the Hydroboost to see how bent my ruler is in regards to my SWAG fitment lol.....

JW

View attachment 1715360194

Ok... Stop loafing... and Get-R-Done... One hour a night.... No more SloPar allowed.... :) :)
Looking good... Keep on Chipping !!!!:thumbsup:

-
Back