What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I pulled the 727 out of the D100 project today. Nasty job on my back on the floor. Trans fluid seems to find away to get in your hair, ears and down your shirt. Uneven floor too. I've got to do something about it one of these days.

I pulled the 727 out of the D100 project today. Nasty job on my back on the floor. Trans fluid seems to find away to get in your hair, ears and down your shirt. Uneven floor too. I've got to do something about it one of these days.
I remember doing that on my D100 back in the day with tranny fluid running down in my arm pits.

Diff back in!couple things left to do but a productive day overall

image.jpg

20190711_174508.jpg
Got my car on the tailor today and back home. This is the last car I do any painting on, gonna teach my boys how to paint and take over.

Tired of fixing and Gorilla Gluing my 1965 original brittle gas pedal together, so I gave up ( well, it has over 487,000 + miles on it ) and bought a new ( re-pop ) from Classic Industries ...p/n MP6512 ... It arrived yesterday and I just now installed it after removing some of the Strong Fresh Rubber Smell (stink) by letting it air in the Arizona ~SUN~ for a couple hours then wiping it down with a damp rag with Peppermint Oil.... Well, I'm very pleased how it looks Now... ( And smells ) It was about the last crappy looking part in the interior... Not that other things don't need work !!! Always some thing with old cars... ( but that's part of the fun )
Now ready for our local SEMA show later today in the Arizona ~Heat~
20190713_103104.jpg

I think I like this best, but going have to cut and weld Alum. Never done that B4 ?
Need to drop it down 1.5in. to fit under the hood .
Any recommendations from the Bradda's & Sista's on how to proceed ?

20190713_071342.jpg

20190713_071329.jpg

20190713_072044.jpg

So I usually get home from my office job at 7 p.m. but today i magically got home at 3 p.m.

Hmmmm what to do with the extra time.

I have been chipping away at this car for a few weeks, engine is ready for hook up and pull.

20190715_215033.jpg

20190715_215042.jpg

I can't wait to get the engine out so I can "clean up" the engine compartment and simplify everything.

I am changing the power steering to manual. Luckily, it already had manual brakes and it was a non a/c car.

Last edited:
Local car show Saturday, spent the morning preparing it in case I decide to show it. I don't like showing it but I don't have a lot going on so maybe---------------------------

Local car show Saturday, spent the morning preparing it in case I decide to show it. I don't like showing it but I don't have a lot going on so maybe---------------------------
Never showed mine but when I'm done will try and see if I like it.
How's Moses Lake for fishing been through there many times but never fished the lake.

The folks who fish it love the walleye and trout they catch. Not a fan myself but I fished ocean fishing for 13 years until the boat tipped over.
You will like showing your car initially, I showed my 65 Comet for 3 years before I quit. Too much time-tax to do it right.
I have shown my Barracuda three times since I finished it. Saturday will be the fourth if I decide to do it.

-
Back