What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
At 11 this AM, the two horses were dripping with sweat, just standing under the shed!! Looked like I had washed them off with the hose!!!

Here it ain't the heat that kills ya, its the humidity!!! Give me West Texas and 120 degrees, no humidity, and 40 mph wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the Dart Sport running for the first time 1 1/2 years after buying the shell.Makes me feel like working on it again.lol

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

OK so I got off my *** and unloaded the 77 Volare wagon off the trailer where it has sat since Mar !!!!! I will fed the hors and goats and call it done for the day!!!!!! 98 % rust free 318 hill country texas wagon project, comple
te and NOT running yet.. $1000!!!

100_2429 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.JPG

OK so I got off my *** and unloaded the 77 Volare wagon off the trailer where it has sat since Mar !!!!! I will fed the hors and goats and call it done for the day!!!!!! 98 % rust free 318 hill country texas wagon project, comple
te and NOT running yet.. $1000!!!

100_2431 - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG

Ok... Stop loafing... and Get-R-Done... One hour a night.... No more SloPar allowed.... :) :)
Looking good... Keep on Chipping !!!!:thumbsup:

We took a year off from it looking for another car to put the drivetrain in but at the end of the day my search got me nowhere and here we are.... Either cars were out of reach or sellers were proud of what they had no matter the condition so H code or not let the molesting begin lol......

JW

Image161188544.jpg

No, just clean rust, weld metal and clear coat. Leave patina ! and old Ranch logo .
4 NOW !!!

I was watching a video the other day about a truck in a subdivision and the HOA going after the owner because he elected to leave the truck Patina..... The Bi-laws states no vehicle in view can have major body damage. I dunno about all that but some poor judge is gonna have to make a decision on it and glad it ain't me lol....

JW

I was watching a video the other day about a truck in a subdivision and the HOA going after the owner because he elected to leave the truck Patina..... The Bi-laws states no vehicle in view can have major body damage. I dunno about all that but some poor judge is gonna have to make a decision on it and glad it ain't me lol....

JW
I don't consider rust "rot" or damage "patina" !
Only faded paint layers , maybe dents and such !
We fix rot , not leave it !

20190707_133944.jpg

20190707_134255.jpg

Last edited:
I don't consider rust "rot" or damage "patina" !
Only faded paint layers and such !

With you on that however for someone not into what we do and looking to pick a fight I think they found one. Patina is distress which means damage according to a friend of mine who sell furniture this way so the best I can say is can't we all get along lol.... Guy is a Vet. to boot so hopefully it can all get sorted out.....

How many miles on the truck?

JW

With you on that however for someone not into what we do and looking to pick a fight I think they found one. Patina is distress which means damage according to a friend of mine who sell furniture this way so the best I can say is can't we all get along lol.... Guy is a Vet. to boot so hopefully it can all get sorted out.....

How many miles on the truck?

JW
210,500 or so ! Prob. is some fool put a SB Chevy 289 or some such thing in it. We looking for something Mopar compatible that will bolt up to manual trans. If was Auto tranz. would be easy as both use & 727 . But its standard , So ?

Back brakes done!Now set pinion angle so I can get perches welded up.Crank center line 0 degrees gonna put pinion down 4 degrees.Catracs with split monos.Please stop me if I'm wrong! Lol

IMG_2395.JPG

K member is coming out tomorrow and hopefully chucking the RB in the bay and start writing the to-do list.....

Having never taken one of these front ends apart I just eased my way through it. Torsion bars slid right out so for me atleast the tool I bought off a member for removal can find other things to do lol....

JW

Image215739607.jpg

View attachment 1715358102 View attachment 1715358103 View attachment 1715358104 View attachment 1715358105 Basic maintenance this evening after work. removed and cleaned and re-gapped the autolites.
New Wix 42044 air filter.
I Installed a battery hold down as there wasn’t one there at all when I bought the car this past Friday and cleaned the battery terminals, added some dielectric grease, and put on those little felt thingies on just because i like them:)
I need a proper length j-hook for the drivers side, the one I had was too long and had to add a few nuts to close the gap so I could at least tighten it down.
Next up...seeing if I can get the ac system and heater/defroster working...and the horn...and the flickering lights...lol and now my radiator cap seems to be leaking.

If you ever want to clean up your positive battery terminal look at the car audio components. They have some nice terminals with multiple lugs....

Love the car and am a sucker for the color breaks on the car.

JW

K member is coming out tomorrow and hopefully chucking the RB in the bay and start writing the to-do list.....

Having never taken one of these front ends apart I just eased my way through it. Torsion bars slid right out so for me atleast the tool I bought off a member for removal can find other things to do lol....

JW

View attachment 1715360731

Mine slid right out when I did them at the beginning of the year.

Sure makes for a great day!!

Mine slid right out when I did them at the beginning of the year.

Sure makes for a great day!!

I can see a mess of rust under a car putting someone in a headlock removing them.... I am cheating also having it on a lift. On the ground I may have cut em' in 2 lol.....

All of my front end components are in great shape except for the usual so I would have to agree it's made for a great day lol....

JW

It's a Christmas miracle lol...... Putting a motor in from the bottom is stealing candy from a baby. Would have never thought it would happen so quick.... Pretty happy as I have Valve Cover clearance on both ends and seeing the Driver side V-cover come off without touching the hydroboost unit brought smiles to my face.... Next up is slide the tranny in for a test fit and take some measurements for a few things before pulling it back out for a under the hood clean up.

JW

Image1902195370.jpg

Image1907997190.jpg

Image1908823760.jpg

20190709_194525.jpg
Buffed the new paint job and gonna bring the car back home soon. This old man is tired been some time since I painted such a large area.

-
Back