What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got my Engine bay pretty much finished with the D4B adventure... (At 74 everything is an adventure).. Anyway, I noticed my lead battery cable ends were looking pretty shabby so I was trying to clean them up the last few days... Hell, they were replaced in the 80's (almost new)... But no matter what I did, I was not happy... So after much thought, I decided to replace them with new style ends... As I have noticed " LEAD " cable ends seem to be on the way out with the newer cars ... My 09 SRT Challenger & JK Jeep looked simple and clean !!! Okay, here is the results on my 65 Cuda... Not sure just yet if I am done... "Change" can be difficult !!! View attachment 1715366456 View attachment 1715366457
That's a good idea looks great and so does everything else under the hood.

Worked a little magic on half of my grill. One more to go.
20190719_161500.jpg

Actually it is aluminum..I drilled all the rivets out to dissemble the complete grill.sprayed every thing with oven cleaner. After stripping it all, repainted the black. Polished out the aluminum with fine sandpaper and steel wool . Hit the chrome with steel wool. Repainted the gray part of the surround with duplicolor stainless steel, Reassembled with some SS pop rivets and some new studs. Just this one side took about 4 days of tinkering. Not a professional factory job but for my driver I'm happy with it.

Actually it is aluminum..I drilled all the rivets out to dissemble the complete grill.sprayed every thing with oven cleaner. After stripping it all, repainted the black. Polished out the aluminum with fine sandpaper and steel wool . Hit the chrome with steel wool. Repainted the gray part of the surround with duplicolor stainless steel, Reassembled with some SS pop rivets and some new studs. Just this one side took about 4 days of tinkering. Not a professional factory job but for my driver I'm happy with it.
Takes some time to do stuff like that but I love doing it. I crank up the old rock and drink a beer and tinker on my car.

A friend of mine brought over his steering column out of his "28". Nothing that a couple of bushings and a gasket can't fix, shipping will cost more then the parts total. The Dart patiently waits for the black top roads to stop popping and spitting tar in its heated protest......

model a.JPG

A friend of mine brought over his steering column out of his "28". Nothing that a couple of bushings and a gasket can't fix, shipping will cost more then the parts total. The Dart patiently waits for the black top roads to stop popping and spitting tar in its heated protest......

View attachment 1715366579
Steering column is not much different than my 29 Ford truck. But the Dart I would like to see more pictures of it and under it's hood. Nice color Dicer.

440 Torker looks tiny next to 2×4 intake
But will save headache in break-in ? I think ?

15636449374968960267360267020175.jpg

20190603_160448.jpg

break it in on the single four. less to go wrong while your busy polishing your cam :D

I'm sweeping the garage floor under the car on jackstands.....found an MSD start/retard control I didnt know I even had, and a dial back timing light I thought I lost.....:)

I'm sweeping the garage floor under the car on jackstands.....found an MSD start/retard control I didnt know I even had, and a dial back timing light I thought I lost.....:)
Thats good stuff, For sale ?

your welcome marry Christmas. lol

I usually just find nuts and bolts.
... And then remember what they were supposed to be holding together :BangHead: lol

Got the drivers side grill cleaned and polished, ready for paint and reassembling. That'll have to be another day. Had enough for today.

15636625851865492377920321220083.jpg

-
Back