What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Little bit of surface rust. :rolleyes: reminds me of my basket case.:rofl:
What's the plan for it?
Looking forward to following this... Have you started a build thread?
The plan as of now is to make it safe, and get it on the road. That may change, depending on how much rot I find in the back, or if when I measure it out it's not square. I haven't started a build thread.. not 100% sure it's going to go that way. I did think there was going to be a lot more rot than what I've been finding though. Needs frame rails, torsion x-member, floors (so far). Only paid around $1,500 for it, so I'm sure I can make that up parting it out if it goes that way.

The plan as of now is to make it safe, and get it on the road. That may change, depending on how much rot I find in the back, or if when I measure it out it's not square. I haven't started a build thread.. not 100% sure it's going to go that way. I did think there was going to be a lot more rot than what I've been finding though. Needs frame rails, torsion x-member, floors (so far). Only paid around $1,500 for it, so I'm sure I can make that up parting it out if it goes that way.
Forgot, also needs inner fenders, dr. side rocker and pillar bottom.. also rot hole on the top pass corner of the firewall. I have most of this stuff from a Dart I parted out last summer.

Getting the Dart GT all spiffed up and ready for the trip (leaving Thursday morning) to St Ignace.

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3746-cropped.jpg

Cutting out spot welds on the top of the radiator support. Found them all, cut nice and clean.. still not coming lose. About ready to get the BFH, and notice the tack welds on the corners.. doh! Too frustrated to cut them now, time to quit, crank some tunes, have a beer or 3 before I do something stupid. :)

Haulin' the Mail . .

Just put the new Air Shocks on the truck yesterday. Glad I did, gave them a shot of air and went to pick up a good set of Turf Tires and Rims for the mowing tractor that had some weight to them. Insanely good deal on the tires and rims . . $150 for the pair . . Unreal and no Dry Rot, was looking at 1500 just to replace the tires with the new hard to find size.

Like Rusty Rat Rod sayes: Good Things do Happen !

Dodge Truck is working out nice . . .

20190624_143436.jpg

Dodge Trucks at Work . . .

20181027_081425.jpg

Was a Good Day . . .

Cool thread fabo people.

Today I am looking into what it's going to take to get this old beaker back to moving on its own power. Sure has been a long time since the internals moved

20190624_201457.jpg

I'm going to dig my car out of my garage....maybe even roll it out for a hose down. Yeah, right...no rollers. Imagine what tools Ill find...
(5 hours later) 22 sockets and counting! To be continued....

Last edited:
It looks good! Keep in mind though that unless you protect that bare aluminum somehow, it won't last.
Aloha Sista, thought @ getting you to powder coat Orange with Silver or Black fins . Just not sure of cost ? with shipping back & forth etc.
Sure would be Bad ***, on my 440. What's your thoughts ?
P.S. can you do same color orange ?

Bought a new set of 3:55 gears for my 8-3/4, from a member. Wife says they just showed up at the post office.

Not sure if I should go ahead and install these with my open carrier, or wait till I've got the cash to order a suregrip from Dr.diff.

Motive 741 3.55 new.jpg

Motive 741 3.55 -2.jpg

Aloha Sista, thought @ getting you to powder coat Orange with Silver or Black fins . Just not sure of cost ? with shipping back & forth etc.
Sure would be Bad ***, on my 440. What's your thoughts ?
P.S. can you do same color orange ?

I'd have to see some better close ups to give you a ballpark quote (metal condition is everything, especially on a multi-color job) but Cal Customs are usually pretty decent. I have a few orange powders in stock; it looks more like the newer late model Omaha Orange rather than the Hemi Orange in the pictures. Either way, I have over 6,500 powders available and can match most anything.

Damn what a pain in the *** to install. Humid as hell and only 10am.

20190627_101830.jpg

20190627_101848.jpg

20190627_101834.jpg

Picked up parts for it.

4 Hour round trip drive to pickup an A-500 tranny from a Dakota that supposedly had only 79K miles on it.

Overdrive here we come.

IMG_20190628_160359604.jpg

IMG_20190628_160903632_HDR.jpg

6/29/19
Gonna warm her up and drive it to mens prayer breakfast.
Come join us , free food !

Finished dressing the welds in the engine bay of the '65. I had to replace sections of the inner wells, and do a little modifying of the RH inner fender. Have about 20% left to strip in the engine bay, then it's on to the driver's side for final stripping and rust repairs.

20190628_180133.jpg
repainted the old truck with spray can paint for a parade on July 6th will restore it but for now just making a 30 footer out of it and having a good time with my boys. I know not a Mopar but old enough to fit in.

Just finished installing a second fuse box, powered by a relay, for a new radio, cages, power antenna, etc., in the 66 B-Cuda. It was hot under the dash, its 94* out in the yard. Prolly lost 5-10lbs sweating LOL.
Dave

-
Back