What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Update, damn shocks not cheap. Hope worth it ?

20190620_083755.jpg

20190620_083833.jpg

Finally got the damn fender off. Snapped too many bolts, and had to grind off a few more.. wait and wait for my 25 yr. old 4 horse compressor to catch up. Not near as much rot as I thought I'd find, so that's good.

IMGP6924_res.jpg

And I thought they were priced pretty reasonably. I like them in my cars that I've put them in..

I just finally looked them up at Summit. You're right, I'm surprised at the pricing. I've always heard they were expensive.

$132.44 for all 4 plus free shipping! Glad to hear you like them. I'm in.

Starter hitting bellcrank " Z bar "
Do i have wrong starter or bell crank set up wrong ?

20190621_115332.jpg

20190621_115313.jpg

20190621_115436.jpg

20190621_115428.jpg

Got the drivers fender off. Nice mouse nest in the bottom of the fender/splash shield. Not near as bad as I thought it would be.. thinking I can actually save the old girl.

IMGP6932_res.jpg

Not the car, but wentr thru my pre-trips and ready to roll out in the am. Watkins/Ithaca area by 1pm tomorrow for the week.
20190621_132125.jpg

I believe that is what i have !
From Schumacher when i got my motor mounts and headers .

Wonder if you got a Z bar for the E Bodies or the B bodies, those are wider cars and would push the z bar over to the bell housing more. Looks like you have a header pipe issue to work around too.

torqBar.jpg

Only if they sent wrong one

Try Shortening the Clutch Rod to the Clutch fork by 3/4 of an inch, this will bring the lower arm on the Z bar more straight up and down. then lengthen the Clutch rod from the pedal set to make up the difference for close to the proper clutch adjustment. Then final adjust on the lower clutch rod at the fork.

Looks like this is a special aftermarket Z Bar designed to work around the header tube. So it is going to need to be totally readjusted to get the proper geometry angles of the clutch linkages and get the proper clearances to the components.

Now thats a good idea, ha ha glad i thought of it !
Much Mahalo, i did not think of lengthening the rod from pedal to the Z bar. Going give it a try

Got the drivers fender off. Nice mouse nest in the bottom of the fender/splash shield. Not near as bad as I thought it would be.. thinking I can actually save the old girl.

View attachment 1715353322
Little bit of surface rust. :rolleyes: reminds me of my basket case.:rofl:
What's the plan for it?
Looking forward to following this... Have you started a build thread?

-
Back