What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Dropping in the rebuilt 360 and trans today. Still a ton of stuff before she runs but a big step in the right direction. Wish me luck, headers.

Priming and painting passengers frame rail. The big challenge today however is the brisket I started at 0600, only the second one I've tried, first one EPIC FAIL!!!

Getting a replacement right front fender ready for paint.

trying to get motivated to go to the shop and continue the mini tub on the first side. It's not as easy as it looks in pictures.LOL

Setting up blast cabinet I just bought, then blasting 2 sets of 14" rally wheels (Pontiac) to paint and throw on ebag. One set had brand new 205/75/14s, bought everything for $100 and will end up making some money + free tires.

I guess I'm not working directly on the car...but money with go towards parts for it :glasses8:

Getting er done. BTW not my arm with the chevy emblem!

Attachments

• IN1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 457
  • IN2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IN3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 441
Clean, Clean , Clean. I feel like Cinderella!! Maybe tonight I will be allowed to go to the ball???

trying to get motivated to go to the shop and continue the mini tub on the first side. It's not as easy as it looks in pictures.LOL

can you take a picture of the way the trunk deck torsion bars go on and post it for me, that would be super. thanks in advance

Put my 4 link in today, a lot of concrete time that I will feel tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 434
Changed oil, changed valve cover gaskets, changed trans pan gasket, sealed trans filler tube. Hopefully no more leaks.

Blew out a freeze plug this weekend so bought parts today. Plan on crawling underneath on Friday.

Great to see all the posts and updates on progress, no matter how small or big! It all adds up.

Keep on makin' it better and havin' fun while doing it! That is what it's all about.

-Doug

I frickin drove it! Only to find out I have a weird vibration in the front end after getting it aligned. It was a I'llnice to get some miles on the car.

Installed the 4speed tranny "again". Went to a diaphram style pressure place and clutch that I installed on Thursday. Bled the hell out of the slave cylinder. Had a small leak but cured it. Connected the shift linkage. Goes into gear but I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor. I plan to go to a bigger bore cutch master cylinder to get more travel from the slave cylinder. I'm getting closer! :burnout:

Blew out a freeze plug this weekend so bought parts today. Plan on crawling underneath on Friday.

Well that didn't work out. Got under it today and tried to pop them out, but they were to far gone. Every tap sent the tool through the old plug. Any suggestions?

Put motor trans in today, getting closer. Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 369
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714736230&stc=1&d=1405319392

This past weekend I got a new blinker switch installed, (still need to make the conduit under the column that hides the wires) new lower steering column cover, chrome gas pedal bezel to match the brake pedal. A few weekends ago was a new dimmer switch, ignition switch with bezel AND matching Mopar logo keys, brake light switch, before that it was park brake handle assembly, ash tray assembly etc etc. The next order of parts will be new steering wheel, turn signal arm, seat covers etc etc.
This comming weekend I will install two more guages, fuel level and volt meter and hopefully try out this new hydro dipping process on the tinwork in the dash and the door panels to get them all to match, thinking about the carbon fiber look. The fun part of new wire harness from headlights to tail lights is soon to follow!!!

Attachments

• 10470941_10202333718723729_1314794282898670438_n[1].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 516
Installed a custom built 2 1/4" exhaust with a glasspack on my 66 Valiant wagon this weekend, well front and intermediate pipe, still need to do the tail pipe..... Not enough time. Decided to do this with my modified HF tubing bender, did a decent job. Cost was about $225 compared to the ones out there for $500 once you include shipping

Yesterday, I got my Ford Contour electric fan assembly mounted on my 22" Champion radiator and tested. Works great and made a BIG difference in cooling! Dropped the temp by 25-30 degrees.
Also got the heater hooked up and functional for the first time. I have an older M1 intake which has no provisions for heater hose or mechanical water temp fittings so I found an adapter housing that mounts under the t-stat housing which allowed me to hook up both the temp sending fitting and the heater hose. works great!

Attachments

• IMG_20140713_190631_048.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20140713_190622_216.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20140713_163456_873.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 357
My wife & I took 65 Dart on 3 day cruise up north to Silver Bay then Grand Marais, MN over the weekend. Got up Monday morning to 46* and raining :( took a pic with Lake Superior in back ground. Not exactly convertible weather but car didn't melt and had two days of nice weather on way up. CarCraft this weekend should be nicer and tons of cars, hope to see you there!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6347_2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 342
Today is Things get Cleaned Thursday :D and enjoy this cool weather here in northeast Arkansas :color: high today 77 degree's :cheers:
And give Ramwagon and Ramwagon II a scrubbing and Victoria a bath.
No worries, I have a I have a younggun student stopping by after class to help :D

Attachments

• Night%20time%20ramcharger%20039.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 335
  • SOUND%2520CHECK%2520FUEL%25201%2520078.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 347
My wife & I took 65 Dart on 3 day cruise up north to Silver Bay then Grand Marais, MN over the weekend. Got up Monday morning to 46* and raining :( took a pic with Lake Superior in back ground. Not exactly convertible weather but car didn't melt and had two days of nice weather on way up. CarCraft this weekend should be nicer and tons of cars, hope to see you there!!!

Nice looking 'vert!
I plan on going to Car Craft on Saturday, will have to try and hook up!

-
Back