What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I'm installing my filler neck grommet and cleaning the fuel sender contacts. HOPEFULLY that will fix my fuel gauge and my fuel smell.

Replacing front wheel bearings and seals.

Wish I could make it to Car Craft, but have to work. You guys have fun up there!

Got my front bumper back from the chrome shop. Might get it on this weekend. (hope)

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 431
Nothing on the Duster. I did put brake pads on front of my Magnum DD. need to get it inspected by end of the month.

Well over the last few years a very good friend of my came up to me and said hay why dont we work on getting the front and rear bumppers aligned so today that is what are going to work on today.... Its not a big deal so he is willing to help so we are getting ready to get it fixed once and for all.

From the side it looks ok but up close they are off a little

Attachments

• DSC00163-2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC00165.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 376
I will post new pictures later today and see how far off they are....

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 358
Wired the N.S switch, on the Hurst shifter. Next ,low dollar sound system. (Most likely ,Pioneer CD player & Phoenix Gold three way 6" by 9"'s...

today I picked up where I left off on the body work, drivers side mostly done but just put hood and trunk deck on doing some sanding across panels, hood is pretty close but I may have to try my other trunk deck. I think this one may have gotten tipped over a few too many times in the 8 years it was off the car.

PS why do projects like this seem to take waaaaaay longer than anticipated

Never did get the torsion bars for the trunk in some shocks and some brackets and it is good to go. shocks took three tries use 120 lb shocks if you do it

Pics of the angel eyes please!!!:D:D:D

They fit great, aling nicely too. The bulbs are a ***** to change when it comes time but I figure that will not be often. I drive around with just the parking lights now till dark just cause it looks so mean. It took me a while to pick these ones out of the many there are out there to buy, I wanted a complete halo, these fit the bill perfectly.

Attachments

• 104_4976.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 104_4977.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 350
I've been working on replacing the kframe for the last week. Today I finally got the new one bolted in place. I'm trashed though. I have to hang the suspension, I pulled the tubular UCL and I'm going back to the stock ucl's. The tubular ones transmit a lot of noise and the bushings are going bad. I found some minor frame damage and repaired it, nothing is ever simple on this car!

They fit great, aling nicely too. The bulbs are a ***** to change when it comes time but I figure that will not be often. I drive around with just the parking lights now till dark just cause it looks so mean. It took me a while to pick these ones out of the many there are out there to buy, I wanted a complete halo, these fit the bill perfectly.

Like!

Developed a random misfire over the last couple of days. Finally got around to checking everything out tonight and discovered that the rotor was not not making good contact with the top center of the distributor cap. Bent it back "up" for a temporary fix but time for some better, heavy-duty parts!

I went to a local car show that a friend put on, they had over 100 cars and this was their very first show! I took a 19 year old kid for a ride, then later on let him take the Valiant for a spin and rip through the gears, he did great...awesome to see young kids into old cars :glasses7:

NICE!!! I'd REALLY like to find some ccfl halos! They're a lot brighter, come on faster and are more durable than regular halos! I had em on my 98 mustang and loved em!! They were super bright!!

Pulled, cleaned, greased and reinstalled passenger side window regulators. Finally got the drivers rear door opened with a pry bar. The star wheel was rusted really bad and froze in place. It appears that someone "oiled" the star wheel and the hinges with brake fluid as the paint was also eat off and curled and flakey rust, like around a master cyl. and surrounding firewall. Some people. This is on the 65 Valiant more door.

Drove it home from the storage garage. It's been a while since I had it out. Forgot that the speedo was jumping last time I drove it. I pulled the core and lubed it. Took it for a drive and all was well but the fuel gauge quit working. I must have bumped a connector. I wiggled some wires and all is well again. Drove it over to put some 93 octane Shell in it. So far so good. tmm

I cussed most of today! I put an aftermarket fuel sending unit in a while back and went to wire it up today. First, the old wire fitting wouldn't push onto the terminal. The rubber was old and hardened and the stud for the sending unit was bigger than the old one. Some cussing ensued. Ok, so I cut the fitting off, and soldered an extended wire and ring fitting to the old wire. Working under the car while on your back and soldering up. Cussing. Then while sliding a section of shrink tubing over the solder joint, the wire broke. More cussing. Get all of that redone, install a tooth washer, the ring terminal, and another tooth washer. I find a nut to fit the old sending unit - drop it at least 6 times trying to thread it on. Cussing and cussing. It won't fit. Much more cussing! Try every nut in my supply - none work. Now I'm really cussing these Chinese peckerheads that made this thing. I think they made the mounting stud bigger and the thread metric just to piss me off! Took the sending unit out. Went over to the neighbor's to raid his hardware stash. First nut I picked up fit the threaded part of the stud. Didn't have to remove the sending unit after all. Well $h1T!
I quit for the day! Hopefully - tomorrow's better!

Haven't touched the car in two weeks. At my age it's easy to get burned out( mentally and physically).Need to get it washed and taped then I can wipe it down with wax and grease remover so I can shoot the epoxy primer on it.

I picked up a used set of chassis headers, they need some cleaning up (surface rust from being wrapped ) and hopefully they will fit as Im unsure if they are B or A body but look like they will fit just fine, Be real glad to get away from my fenderwell headers.

Ordered a new front Hellwig swaybar #5906 off Amazon
for $190.00 shipped.
Should be here at the end of the week.

111 inch frame ties/connectors are next on the list.

-
Back