What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I was going to rebuild a heater solenoid switch but some other stuff came up: Friends kids laptop power jack broke so I had to replace that, I recapped a powered subwoofer (8 of 9 caps on the board were bad!) and edged the driveway. That's enough for the day of rest.

Unbelievably warm fall weather here, in the 70's. I hadn't driven the cuda in well over a month due to holidays and other stuff getting in the way. Went out for a 20 minute drive and it ran awesome. I am loving the new exhaust system, it's like Jekyll and Hyde. Very quiet when cruising and really mean when you step on it. Brought a smile to my face.

Put the passengers side trunk extension on and worked on trimming the edges off of the quarter to get it ready to put on. Need to do a little repair on the door pillar first though. I had some pieces to use on it but can't find them for my life.

Drove her to work today! Got a guy here who's been begging to see it so.....!

20171013_041439.jpg
20171013_041448.jpg
20171013_041459.jpg

Jeff

Sorry - I didn't have them on this new laptop... Here you go. '61 Falcon Futura in for rust repair, body, and paint. Owner is one of my closest friends. I've got all the body parts and some interior trim all in epoxy. He's got the chassis back to mock up the powertrain. I'll get it back to do the rest of the bodywork and finishing.

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

Love the early Falcons! Lookin good!

Sorry - I didn't have them on this new laptop... Here you go. '61 Falcon Futura in for rust repair, body, and paint. Owner is one of my closest friends. I've got all the body parts and some interior trim all in epoxy. He's got the chassis back to mock up the powertrain. I'll get it back to do the rest of the bodywork and finishing.

View attachment 1715103936

View attachment 1715103937

View attachment 1715103938

View attachment 1715103939

View attachment 1715103940

View attachment 1715103941

View attachment 1715103942

View attachment 1715103943

View attachment 1715103944

View attachment 1715103945

View attachment 1715103946

View attachment 1715103947

View attachment 1715103948

Nothing! Its locked up in the garage because Halloween has taken over my driveway. The weathers turning cooler and I cant wait to get it out! Wait I did charge the battery the other day..

Thanks RRR. I'm (finally) starting on the 273 project and trying to find time to get all the suspension parts into my LHS. The backing plate rusted out so the parking brake came all apart inside the rotor yesteday. sigh...

Hung more jewellery on the engine today; installed the header gaskets, water pump, starter, carb fuel line, and final torqued the motor mount brackets. Tried to get the throttle linkage figured out - to be continued.
20171027_175723_HDR.jpg
20171027_175514_HDR.jpg

Yesterday I was using my car to get around cause I had one of the trucks tore apart and wifey was hauling kids around with the other. O got a rust free box for my 03 and had it painted to match. I have a few more touch ups to do and it will be ready for another 250000kms!
20171028_143959.jpg

I have been driving mine to work on the "in office" days. Been driving it to the gym for my workout time.
Today I washed and used the chamois on it. I will continue to drive it on the days I don't need my truck for work
as my daily driver until the weather makes me stop. I am happy with the tune on the car right now and I am getting
ready to go western on my shop and take everything that I didn't use or sell to the dump. Time to clean up for
the next one----------------

Sprayed the 413 with fogging oil for winter storage. Swap some parts next spring and stick it in the car. And put all the rest of the of the parts I've saved, and maybe drive the damn thing!

Today I cut out the Left wheel well to install mini-tubs. Tomorrow the goal will be the Right wheel well out and begin the clean up of the remaining holes for installation.

Life is Good!

Finished re-bushing the wiper linkages, and started restoring the molded headliner in my truck.

Had to open up the 413 to fish out the washer that fell in, but all is well again, and it's sitting ready for next spring

Been working pretty hard on my '73 Dart Sport. Over the weekend, I installed my newly-rebuilt steering column along with the refurbished quick-ratio manual box that I did over the summer. With all that installed, I want ahead and installed the pitman arm and left side tie-rod ends and made sure everything was torqued properly. With the suspension now essentially complete (except for alignment obviously), I'm focusing on getting he disk brake rotors & calipers cleaned up and installed. Hopefully, I can blast, clean, paint and have em all ready for rebuild later in the week. Trying hard to have this car back to "roller status" by next weekend if the weather holds....fingers crossed. If the weather turns bad on me, then I'll go back to working on the engine instead.

Added another final touch to the 367 in the Dart. I sprung for a set of MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires. They made a noticeable difference in startup with the FiTech and the HEI Dizzy. Also the throttle response is also much snappier. The old Taylor wires came on a used engine that was eventually rebuilt. They were shot apparently the improvement from the MSD's and have a much larger resistance for sure. Also I clay barred the car and gave it a nice coat of Meguires! Under the cover it went. Hope to redo my driver seat the winter, it looks great but the bottom cushion is a bit tired and is soft I guess the burlap has split. Also in search of a new tranny pan.

Marion

-
Back