What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Thanks, she's not as rusty as it looks in the images. Mostly surface rust since I ran the pressure washer all over the girl before we left Kentucky. Now that I have a real shop instead of a pole barn there will be way less humdity.

As soon as I get the rotisserie back from my brother's house the boy work will begin in earnest. Between the wire brush and the DA I imagine I will be pretty busy.

Last edited:
Here's the rubber to be used.

10 x 18 in the rear with 295/45/18 Nitto

7 x 16s in the front with 205/50/16 Nitto

Mini tubs in process!

20171107_171823.jpg

Getting tucked away Thursday for hibernation, so I changed oil and a quick vacuum. Took the seatbacks off and took reference pics for a member on here. Then out for a little toot. Winter sucks lol

20171107_160319.jpg

Very nice 4Spd!

I am grateful I will be living in a place where I can drive 12 months a year!

Thanks, she's not as rusty as it looks in the images. Mostly surface rust since I ran the pressure washer all over the girl before we left Kentucky. Now that I have a real shop instead of a pole barn there will be way less humdity.

As soon as I get the rotisserie back from my brother's house the boy work will begin in earnest. Between the wire brush and the DA I imagine I will be pretty busy.
Did you move out of Ky or did you buy the car here? What part?

Putting mine to bed today. Did manage to get 600 miles on it since getting it on the road in July. Have a few things to do still, but the Satellite needs my attention this winter.

Believe it or not 75Slant6 the car was brought to me in N Middletown KY by my brother from 200 yards from where I live now. I did not have a whole lot of time to work on it there so when I moved back the girl got packed up and relocated again. Now it's going to get completed. Being Retarded leaves me enough time to get after it.

Believe it or not 75Slant6 the car was brought to me in N Middletown KY by my brother from 200 yards from where I live now. I did not have a whole lot of time to work on it there so when I moved back the girl got packed up and relocated again. Now it's going to get completed. Being Retarded leaves me enough time to get after it.
So you hauled your Dart from Ky to NC? I bought my Duster in Maxton, NC and hauled it back here to Ky. Lol

That's pretty funny!

I do believe that indicates just how much the old girls are loved!

She does get referred to as "The Other Woman" anyway.

Ok...so new races/bearings in the rotors, newly rebuilt calipers, new brake lines, hoses, hardware, etc....everything new or recently reconditioned. So, I have everything all mounted back to the car. Tied in all the new brake lines/hoses and everything looked great and ready to go. I'm thinking; "bleeding this should be a piece of cake except maybe for a minor leak or two, if any". I get my wife to come out to help me commence with bleeding the system. Purged the master cylinder and tied it on into the system, but no pressure and very little flow with the pedal dropping all the way to the floor no matter how many, or how hard, it's pumped...WTF!!!!! Arrrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!!! Talk about a love/hate relationship....LOL....I was feeling "it" today. Started troubleshooting from the pedal onward but immediately suspected & found the master cylinder to be shot....a brand new one too, not rebuilt. Fortunately, I had a spare one on the shelf for my other car, a Swinger, but it was pretty old and really not the right one, or the one I want to use, on this Sport. But it appeared to be clean and in fairly decent shape both inside & out, making it at least worth a try since it's over 35 miles one way to the parts store for me. So I purged it and quickly swapped em out....Viola!! Had pressure and finally a decent pedal which is fine for now as I'll only be rolling it around the shop as the build continues. Needless to say, I don't trust that old MC that's on there now, but at least it's working...for now. So before she rolls under her own power, I'll be changing it out again with another new correct one that I'll get when I return this failed POS that didn't work for me today. Nothing quite like the fun & games of bathing in DOT3...LOL. I guess we've all been there, done that.

Had Dot 3 bs with the cuda ONCE. Immediately changed to Dot 5 after that lol.
I drove it off to storage today in rain and 4*C. Windy and cool earlier so had it out for a good 2-3 hrs earlier.
Stopped at a Cenotaph in town today and snapped this pic.
Nothing quite like the fun & games of bathing in DOT3...LOL. I guess we've all been there, done that.

20171109_160026.jpg

Had Dot 3 bs with the cuda ONCE. Immediately changed to Dot 5 after that lol.
I drove it off to storage today in rain and 4*C. Windy and cool earlier so had it out for a good 2-3 hrs earlier.
Stopped at a Cenotaph in town today and snapped this pic.

View attachment 1715109363
That's a real sweet lookin' Cuda right there, my friend. Is that a '67? What wheels are those? What size engine? Auto? How long have you owned her?
Yeah, DOT3 for now until she's all back together and working properly, then I'll do the subtle upgrade stuff.
I was born/raised on the Canadian border....Calais, ME/St. Stephen, NB. My father's family was all from Merimashee, NB
I know the kind of weather you have up there....I'm not a big fan of it. :)
It's been cool the last couple of days even down here. Fortunately, I have a fairly decent shop to work in.
I've been in Louisiana since 1979, but try to get back up to Maine for a few weeks in July/August...usually right after the Carlisle PA Mopar show.
I'm trying to get this '73 Dart Sport finished in time for that Carlisle show next July. I've got a looonngggg way to go yet. I still haven't got my spray booth built yet, but it's coming. I'm retired but working my butt off on this car.

Thanks for the kind words Yes a 67. Dad lucked out when we went amd got it. 85-90% was done by previous owner.Dad passed and I now own it Swapping to Dot 5 was real easy. Just let the lines drain and topped up MC as it drained. Once we saw purple we bled them good. No issues and thats 5 years ago.
Merimashee, ive heard of it but never been there. Always liked the name lol.
Our fall has been pretty good really, up till now lol.Snowed tonight dammit.
Be good
Steve
That's a real sweet lookin' Cuda right there, my friend. Is that a '67? What wheels are those? What size engine? Auto? How long have you owned her?
Yeah, DOT3 for now until she's all back together and working properly, then I'll do the subtle upgrade stuff.
I was born/raised on the Canadian border....Calais, ME/St. Stephen, NB. My father's family was all from Merimashee, NB
I know the kind of weather you have up there....I'm not a big fan of it. :)
It's been cool the last couple of days even down here. Fortunately, I have a fairly decent shop to work in.
I've been in Louisiana since 1979, but try to get back up to Maine for a few weeks in July/August...usually right after the Carlisle PA Mopar show.
I'm trying to get this '73 Dart Sport finished in time for that Carlisle show next July. I've got a looonngggg way to go yet. I still haven't got my spray booth built yet, but it's coming. I'm retired but working my butt off on this car.

Yesterday I fixed my hood mounted turn signal indicator. ..just a bad ground...
Also fixed my doom light...50 year old bulb cam apart in my hands.

20171110_084707.jpg

works fine now!

Also blasted and painted my emergency hood catch.....

20171110_092736.jpg

Today I gotta look at my brake light switch. ....

Jeff

Funny, the original owner of the cuda was ANAL about dating/labelling stuff. When I was doing some front work, I had to remove headlight. Had a piece of tape on it that he dated 1988. I changed headlight in 2015 lol. Still worked but the 2 "halves" had seperated.
Latch looks good, I love sandblasting
Some brake switches have threads and are adjustable
Yesterday I fixed my hood mounted turn signal indicator. ..just a bad ground...
Also fixed my doom light...50 year old bulb cam apart in my hands.

View attachment 1715109650
works fine now!

Also blasted and painted my emergency hood catch.....

View attachment 1715109651

Today I gotta look at my brake light switch. ....

Jeff

Funny, the original owner of the cuda was ANAL about dating/labelling stuff. When I was doing some front work, I had to remove headlight. Had a piece of tape on it that he dated 1988. I changed headlight in 2015 lol. Still worked but the 2 "halves" had seperated.
Latch looks good, I love sandblasting
Some brake switches have threads and are adjustable
The brake light switch is acting "sticky".....I'm gonna pull it out and see what's up with it....maybe a good cleaning is all it needs?

Jeff

-
Back