What are you guys running for tires?

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
Ive got old(probably going on close to 10 years id imagine) BFG Radial T/A's on the Dart Sport right now but I noticed they are getting dry rotted from sitting and obviously the years...what are you guys running that you like..I would just as soone get BFG's again but ive heard they can be hit and miss lately(im running 15's) what else do you guys like/what works well..and whats the consensus these days Raised white letters or all black???

543258.jpg

Go to Tirerack.com and shop by size. It shows a pretty good selection and the prices aren't that bad. Or, if nothing else, it gives you a good idea of what's out there.

yeah i know, i just figured some board members had their favorites or ones they may not have liked.

I currently have redline Firestones on my 'Cuda with the original steelies and dog-dish covers. Before I took her off the road and retired her from daily driver status, I was running Goodyear Eagle ST's (no longer made) which were a great tire. Others around me are running the Kelly Charger and they say it is a great all-around tire.

yeah i know, i just figured some board members had their favorites or ones they may not have liked.

Lol, just trying to be a little helpfull. I have BFGs on my Roadrunner and went from Toyo Proxies 4 to Goodyears on my Valiant. I liked the Toyos when I was doing corners with her. I'm going in a different direction now, but no real feedback on the Goodyears yet. (The first 40 miles have been great)

whats the "in" thing now raised white letters or all blackwall? Ive had these BFG on now 10 years they look perfect from the side but they are all dry rotted and cracked in between the treads if not for that they honestly look as they could go another 10 years lol..if only i had a garage instead of a crappy carport :-(

We are running Hankook tires on the Duster and love them, Black out for us,it goes along with all black color scheme,

Bob / Bryce

I just put Firestone Indy 500s on my Swinger, white letters out. Got a really good deal on them. Down the line someplace I may switch to M/T ETs. But for now most of my extra cash is going towards my Road Runner.

Grand Prix Radial GT's for 20 years and only changed because they were hard and dry rotted and rears bein bald from to many of these:burnout:.

And then switched to BFG Radial T/A's and love them for past 5 years.

I like the Cooper Cobras but couldn't find them in the size I wanted. So I have BFGs.I hear the BFG 21560R15 is on backorder. I think if you run rally or police wheels go with white letters. If you run say Weld 5 stars or Summit Warrior R/T's go blackwall.The white letters seem to clash with the chrome. Just my opinion of course. Got mine from Discounttiredirect.com. Free shipping too. Paid about $350 for 27560R15 & 21560R15 on a '71 Duster with police wheels.

I've run Yokohama's on my Neon and they're great. I've got Uniroyal Tiger Paw's on my Dart and they're fair (they are NOT a cornering tire).

The only other advice I have is to look up the tread width and make sure it's close to the tire width to avoid the tip-toe look.

I actually tried the tires im looking for on tire rack and all i could find was the rears in stock and the fronts on back order..maybe i will have to switch from BFG's i guess the backorder stuff IS true :( .

I like the Cooper Cobras but couldn't find them in the size I wanted. So I have BFGs.I hear the BFG 21560R15 is on backorder. I think if you run rally or police wheels go with white letters. If you run say Weld 5 stars or Summit Warrior R/T's go blackwall.The white letters seem to clash with the chrome. Just my opinion of course. Got mine from Discounttiredirect.com. Free shipping too. Paid about $350 for 27560R15 & 21560R15 on a '71 Duster with police wheels.

yup just found this out I run 235 60 15's on back and 210 60 15's on front..backs I could get fronts nope(at least from tire rack)

I run rubber ones that pump up with air.

-
Back