Question for you street guys running low 14’s

-
I'm just impressed a gal and a gal that age does anything with a car, not mention go to the strip and run!!

She’s right she did lay down a faster 1/8 mile time Friday night.
5E7C9AD1-4A2A-4B58-A2CC-97E077A81575.jpeg
58945F4D-ED7C-47D8-A886-8F3F87B5F389.jpeg

Does she know she should be leaving on the third amber?, she could probably deep stage if they allow it.

I think it's cool she's even doing it. Lots of street cars at Keystone. Last time I was there on a Fri TNT there was almost 300. They were still running at 2am.

Does she know she should be leaving on the third amber?, she could probably deep stage if they allow it.

Ya I teased her about that a little bit. Years ago she used to qualify for the bracket finals but that’s been awhile. Lol

I think she’s doing just fine, and relatively consistent too, which is what is really important. It appears that she is getting comfortable with the car, which is a big plus as well. Is she manually shifting and running up the rpms on the brake at launch, or is she letting the trans shift at its shift points and staring from idle? Manually shifting and running up the R’s on the brake may give her a boost, but I’m glad she got her 13!

I think she’s doing just fine, and relatively consistent too, which is what is really important. It appears that she is getting comfortable with the car, which is a big plus as well. Is she manually shifting and running up the rpms on the brake at launch, or is she letting the trans shift at its shift points and staring from idle? Manually shifting and running up the R’s on the brake may give her a boost, but I’m glad she got her 13!

It’s kinda rough texting her through a night of test n tune on the phone. I knew she had her husband’s weather station so I started off telling her to take weather conditions and write them on each slip. Then she was heading to the burnout box to hot so to got her away from doing that. Baby steps but steps forward. Not trying to overwhelm her. If and when I get there I can stand at the line and get a better look at things. I’m sure we can improve that 60 foot time but not on the phone.

It’s kinda rough texting her through a night of test n tune on the phone. I knew she had her husband’s weather station so I started off telling her to take weather conditions and write them on each slip. Then she was heading to the burnout box to hot so to got her away from doing that. Baby steps but steps forward. Not trying to overwhelm her. If and when I get there I can stand at the line and get a better look at things. I’m sure we can improve that 60 foot time but not on the phone.

I understand. Bottom line is I hope she’s having fun, and it sounds like she is.

-
Back