What are you listening to ?

-
Saw him twice at the Silver Dollar Room in Toronto. After his first set we had a nice chat with him as he downed 10 bourbon shots. He was even better in the second set.

I can still remember the first time I heard this one. I was driving north in my 88 5.0 Mustang LX when out local rock station put this on. I cranked it to 11. gave me chills.

These have been cycling through the playlist lately, as fuel for writing. I’m almost done with the book I’m working on. The writing soundtrack has shifted to heavier and darker material to help me envision what I want to pen.

I’ve reached the point where the protagonist is imprisoned as he awaits his own execution by fire at the stake.

A little background, the story takes place in a parallel world, where pacts with ancient gods exist and are a forbidden act. The protagonist, Ash, is from our own world and is a part of such a pact, his soul bound to the aether. He wasn’t the one to sell his soul, though, the decision had been made for him.

When it’s discovered that his soul is bound, he is sentenced to burn at the stake, to be consumed by the fires that damn him. In the weeks leading up to his execution he is starved, beaten and even has one of his eyes carved out by a guard.

-
Back