What are you listening to ?

-
I adjusted my subwoofer crossover and level with this

Good to know more people out there are experiencing their music with good sound equipment.

So many judge songs by the sound from a small underpowered tinny computer speaker(s) or a tiny phone speaker

If you're going to jam it's better with some power behind it :)

^I'm pretty old and can't believe I love Xillions. I sent the link to my bud and she's like WTF? I thought you hated that techno crap? I told her I guess variety is the spice of life.

Got the Harmon Kardon 3480 receiver doing 120 watts a side. Just bought a pair of NOS, yes new old stock, Acoustic Research TSW210s off ebay for satellites and the ancient 12" subwoofer I assembled from a kit back in the days of yore. Pretty sure the neighbors hate this setup.

Old IBM AT keyboard. 35 years old and never a glitch, even without a protector.

Audio 293.jpg

Audio 294.jpg

not 35 years old, more like 25

^I'm pretty old and can't believe I love Xillions. I sent the link to my bud and she's like WTF? I thought you hated that techno crap? I told her I guess variety is the spice of life.

Got the Harmon Kardon 3480 receiver doing 120 watts a side. Just bought a pair of NOS, yes new old stock, Acoustic Research TSW210s off ebay for satellites and the ancient 12" subwoofer I assembled from a kit back in the days of yore. Pretty sure the neighbors hate this setup.

Old IBM AT keyboard. 35 years old and never a glitch, even without a protector.

View attachment 1715440051

View attachment 1715440052
not 35 years old, more like 25
Absolutely interesting. I was thinking you are in my age group (30-35)

I am an EDM raver. During the summer I host a lot of pool party/ back yard raves. A few kegs are not out of the question but the house rule is absolutely no drugs. By day i am a responsible government employee, so drugs of any kind have no place here, although I am aware that ravers are usually associated with drug use.

My parents used to own a chain of night clubs so I have access to retired night club equipment. It's a bit excessive, kinda like taking a HEMI superbird grocery shopping but I love to dance and have my heart re- paced by the woofer LOL

20191219_180031.jpg

Absolutely interesting. I was thinking you are in my age group (30-35)

I am an EDM raver. During the summer I host a lot of pool party/ back yard raves. A few kegs are not out of the question but the house rule is absolutely no drugs. By day i am a responsible government employee, so drugs of any kind have no place here, although I am aware that ravers are usually associated with drug use.

My parents used to own a chain of night clubs so I have access to retired night club equipment. It's a bit excessive, kinda like taking a HEMI superbird grocery shopping but I love to dance and have my heart re- paced by the woofer LOL
Just turned 61 a week ago.
Cool, only a few kegs?
Rave and the 'club' drugs have always intrigued me. Call me crazy, but I would like to try them all at least once before I assume room temp. I was given ketamine before a surgery and all I can say is what surgery?

Odd how the most physically damaging drug, ethanol, is legal. I started booze around age 15 and now my body is shot. I feel like the scarecrow on Wizard of Oz, but unfortunately I can't be re-stuffed with straw.

heard this on the local classical FM today, gonna catch up with this thread today :)

-
Back