What are your thoughts on this M-Code

-
Pics look nice. Of course to get that $ I presume it is all numbers matching with original parts. Hoping you get what you're asking, a true M deserves the value.

Grant

Beautiful car. Priced about $25K too high IMO. But beautiful car. I don't think M code A bodies will get that much in this market.

it's a collectible but what would you do with it... climate controlled garage..with two hi end car covers over it ..trailer to shows..drive? put it in your front yard and post pics on the internet and try and sell it...?
all the fun is done.

I agree 68Formula that you could have more fun for less, but driving and owning an M-code is like having a Hemi badge for A-body guys :)

Grant

an M-code is like having a Hemi badge for A-body guys :)

Grant

I actually disagree with this (note… just my personal opinion).

I think a 340 a-body is the best of the best. In stock form it gave the best balance of speed and handling.

Sure factory big block cars are more valuable….. But they are not better. In fact… I think they are much worse.

Beautiful car! I'de like to see the three other Darts sitting in front of the garage doors in the one picture!!!!

LOL. Not disputing that every 340 car I've owned and drove wasn't a better handling car. Much better balanced, disc brakes. But there is nothing better than a quiet, stock 440 that launches like hell unleashed. Even better is opening the hood and having everyone tell you that either it's a fake, or their brother/father/uncle/sister-in-law had one just like it :)

Grant

The problem is the A body group is still the "econobox" mopars. So unless it IS a Hemi SS car, most people will see it as "just a Dart". Great on the "cool" factor but if the Hemi SS's are king of this relatively short hill, the M codes are the queens. That's why I think it won't command that kind of money from a collector. There are fewer capable and interested buyers than other "more desirable" models.

I actually disagree with this (note… just my personal opinion).

I think a 340 a-body is the best of the best. In stock form it gave the best balance of speed and handling.

Sure factory big block cars are more valuable….. But they are not better. In fact… I think they are much worse.

You are right about the balance. However the torque of the 383 and 440 a body cars is a lot of fun on the street. It is really something of an experiance to drive my stock 383 68 Barracuda.

I also think that 440 Dart is very nice and wouldn't mine having it.

Beautiful car but 80k?How many m-codes did they make anyway? They don't seem to be hard to find!

Yeah moper, sort of like being married to the leader of some third-world country instead of running the U.S. But still fun to be the despot of my own little world :)

Grant (Baby Doc)

It'll be a cold day in hell before I spend that kind of money on a Dart or any A body for that matter. It's one of the reasons that I enjoy A bodies, they are affordable.

I've seen completely restored, beautiful H code 383 Darts going for $25k, so I just cant see how a 440 is going to make it worth $79k. Even NADA only lists it at $23k for excellent condition. I know you cant always go by their numbers, but I'm just throwing it out there as a reference point.

I agree with most of what was posted.....a Dart for $80K? Naw, can't see it.....and like was mentioned, whaddya gonna do with it? Stick it in the garage and worship it? No thanks.

I wonder if Mr. Norm signed it?......lol......I'm starting to get sick of that too.....something nauseating about things that are "too perfect". Seriously.....unless it's in a museum.

I will keep my numbers matching 340 over the 440 anytime ... ALSO does it menting NUMBERS MATCHING ANYWHERE or ORIGINA panels ?

The only Darts that begin creeping into 80k level are the truly unique 68 S/S Hemi Darts (and Barracudas for that matter). This M code is nice but not 80k nice. Those are dealer prices.

I clicked the link and realized I had been to that site once or twice over the past couple years (MacLean Classics). I spied the FM3 70 Duster 340 they had listed at 50k before. Claimed it was an 18,000 mile original paint Duster. It's real nice but they must not have noticed the fresh over spray on the underside. Listed as sold now, it looks like some fool soon parted with their money.:scratch::roll:

I just dont understand what some of these people are thinking. Theres a 383 68 GTS on ebay right now with a minimum bid of $79,900. Nice car, but c'mon.

They must definitely be preying on the "more money than brains" crowd.

it's a collectible but what would you do with it... climate controlled garage..with two hi end car covers over it ..trailer to shows..drive? put it in your front yard and post pics on the internet and try and sell it...?
all the fun is done.

Did you see the garage that thing came out of?!?! Each Dart has its own personal bay! That just a giant "pretty" display case for all those cars!

Personally prefer my Carport spot, with the double car covers when it rains!:-D

-
Back