What battery are you using in your trunk also push pull turn off.

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to get to my ideas.
What battery are you using in your trunk?
I am not running a metal Divider into the interior. Do I have to run a dry cell? If so what one do you recommend?
How are you running your push pull shut off switch?
Thanks for the help

Trying to get to my ideas.
What battery are you using in your trunk?
I am not running a metal Divider into the interior. Do I have to run a dry cell? If so what one do you recommend?
How are you running your push pull shut off switch?
Thanks for the help
Orielly's AGM SuperStart in a plastic battery box with 20 gal fuel cell in trunk and Batt cut off is a turn switch style that uses the fuel fill cap as the switch.

I used an Optima in a sealed case when racing the car

DSCN1694.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

DSCN1696.jpg

DSCN1697.jpg

Obviously an Optima red top with top and side lugs.

I didn't want to drill any new holes for the switch lever in my nice, original tail panel or tail light lens so I ran it through a space between the license plate and the bumper. Not sure if you can do it that way on a 'Cuda. The part of rod that sticks out past the bumper got trimmed after this picture. Moroso 4 lug switch with the bracket welded to the trunk floor. The trunk was painted afterwards.

The long, bent rod probably looks a bit clunky but it works perfect. No longer using the box since I have several extra battery connections. The box is supposed to be sealed which is out the window with the holes. I had to fab up a rear firewall panel because of that.
IMG_3046.jpg

On/Off lever.
IMG_3041.jpg

Rear firewall. Got the .032" aluminum sheets at the Bargain Barn in Meriden.
IMG_6793.jpg

Obviously an Optima red top with top and side lugs.

I didn't want to drill any new holes for the switch lever in my nice, original tail panel or tail light lens so I ran it through a space between the license plate and the bumper. Not sure if you can do it that way on a 'Cuda. The part of rod that sticks out past the bumper got trimmed after this picture. Moroso 4 lug switch with the bracket welded to the trunk floor. The trunk was painted afterwards.

The long, bent rod probably looks a bit clunky but it works perfect. No longer using the box since I have several extra battery connections. The box is supposed to be sealed which is out the window with the holes. I had to fab up a rear firewall panel because of that.
View attachment 1716243543

On/Off lever.
View attachment 1716243548
Rear firewall. Got the .032" aluminum sheets at the Bargain Barn in Meriden.
View attachment 1716243551
yes my Barracuda. I don’t mind drilling a hole for the rod.

I use an Optima red top in the avatar's trunk. For the disconnect, I use a rotary switch in the trunk latch key hole. I have a pull cable in the LH rear pass seat area to pop the trunk latch.

right now mine is in a Moroso plastic battery box vented through the floor. I have a painless solenoid to disconnect power without pulling a switch ( I know its not NHRA Legal ). just like being able to discretely disconnect power when I park the car. need to add a manual disconnect at some point. just wasn't happy with any of the options I could come up with at the time. car is mostly a cruiser anyway.

-
Back