What brand of headers are you using?

-

71dartboy

Reaction score
Heres why I ask, I have a 340 727 auto on the column power steering power brakes and a roll mount K frame in my 71 dart. The used headers I thought would fit dont, so I guess I gotta buy some. So if you have this combination let me know what your using. Thanks!

Just spend a bit more and buy some tti or dougs. I have dougs in my dart, they fit perfect and dont hang low at all.

I've got Hooker's and like them so far, they haven't been bangin on every bump on the road either which is nice. They get a lot of hate but I've had good luck with em so far.

I've got Hooker's and like them so far, they haven't been bangin on every bump on the road either which is nice. They get a lot of hate but I've had good luck with em so far.

I think most of the hater's are guys with really lowered front ends,,

I've installed dozens of sets of the low hanging headers,, and always insisted the front end be reasonably high enuff to avoid the usual interference stuff,, but still,, even having used them on my own cars,, they still get tagged occasionally.. it happens.. being VERY aware, helps..

Doug's or TTi is the way to go. I'm using Doug's this time around.

I got hookers on mine , my car is low thou . And they bang bad . It's usually the driver side header . I need to get ones that won't do that

I think most of the hater's are guy with really lowered front ends,,

I've installed dozens of sets of the low hanging headers,, and always insisted the front end be reasonably high enuff to avoid the usual interference stuff,, but still,, even having used them on my own cars,, they still get tagged occasionally.. it happens.. being VERY aware, helps..

I agree.

This car sits about level and used to drag the hooker style over speed bumps. Hit a reasonable gutter crossing the road, they'd hit.

100_0163.jpg

If you don't mind the car sitting high, not for me, then the low hanging stuff will work if you are careful. I run only Dougs or tti headers because it's one less thing I need to be concerned with when driving.

With autozone having 20-25% coupons, coated and regular Dougs headers can be had for a somewhat reasonable cost 350-500 before tax and free shipping.

I used to use Hookers...

Super Comp, but went back to stock exhaust manifolds for the street as I kept crushing too many pipes.... :banghead:

Dougs for me, but that's on my early A. What I wouldn't give for some nice short block huggers on that car.

I have hookers. They used to drag until I went to aluminum heads and intake. So get hookers and do that!

I'm just reading the posts and thinking to myself, if some searches for " banging hookers" they will find a thread here. Sorry for the interruption.... now back to the the OP.

-
Back